Homebrew WIP EdiZon SE : Advance memory trainer and pointer seacher for switch

Have you used EdiZon SE?

• No

Votes: 31 14.1%
  • Yes, I love it, keep doing that you are doing

Votes: 137 62.3%
  • Yes, I like it but I wish you spend more time with the UI, stop adding features

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Yes, but I have given up, it's too hard to use

Votes: 26 11.8%

• Total voters

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some enhancements to search UI and some bug fixes
Added short cut to set search mode. Now you can change mode and continue your search faster.
Added option to use range on unknown search. Default. Set option for old behavior.
Added option to freeze game while applet is activated. Not default. Set option to enable.
Limit to one search per session. More than one can cause problem, now it is disabled.
Fix a bug that crash switch when "Y" is pressed when icon is blank.

KamelColtd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yemen
some enhancements to search UI and some bug fixes
Added short cut to set search mode. Now you can change mode and continue your search faster.
Added option to use range on unknown search. Default. Set option for old behavior.
Added option to freeze game while applet is activated. Not default. Set option to enable.
Limit to one search per session. More than one can cause problem, now it is disabled.
Fix a bug that crash switch when "Y" is pressed when icon is blank.

Wow i didn't test the 18b but this one just works perfect i didn't removed other releases thinking to update to 0.15 and check everything

Thankx

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any way to view and edit ram over usb using a program on a pc in real time, maybe with an overlay. I know it would slow down the switch a bit. It's just a bit cumbersome doing everything on the switch it's self. Im trying to narrow down some values for a game based on trial and error for the most part and narrowing down possible addresses. But when there's 80000 addresses doing it on switch 5 lines at a time is sort of a chore. Thanks

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any way to view and edit ram over usb using a program on a pc in real time, maybe with an overlay. I know it would slow down the switch a bit. It's just a bit cumbersome doing everything on the switch it's self. Im trying to narrow down some values for a game based on trial and error for the most part and narrowing down possible addresses. But when there's 80000 addresses doing it on switch 5 lines at a time is sort of a chore. Thanks
To edit ram of switch with PC you can use Jnoexs over wifi, usb wasn't implemented as far as I am aware. Define real time for me. As far as peeking and poking 80000 memory address wifi would do just fine from my perspective. Are you saying you can't narrow down the list any further and 80000 is the best you can do? Hacking that many memory locations is likely to just crash the game or maybe the switch. I won't start hacking until the list is no more than a few hundred. If memory is encrypted and the whole block is changing it may well be serialized, if you hack even a single bit you destroy the whole block that comes after it.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I try the freeze game function, seems I must press B to exit the edizon SE to unfreeze my game, press home to exit is unable to unfreeze.
:unsure:If I replace the user page with edizon se, I can't press B to exit edizon se because it will reboot when you exit it.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try the freeze game function, seems I must press B to exit the edizon SE to unfreeze my game, press home to exit is unable to unfreeze.
:unsure:If I replace the user page with edizon se, I can't press B to exit edizon se because it will reboot when you exit it.
Yes, by the way this only apply to dmnt. If you don't use dmnt every time SE launch the game is frozen and every time it exit the game resume (The reason is SE is the one attached to the game and when SE quits nothing is attached to the game).

To exit profile with the game resumed if dmnt is used you have to enable the green welcome screen. Press B to exit will relaunch SE and when it stop at this screen it hasn't frozen the game yet.

The other way is to enable "no exit after detach" and using ZL+B to detach dmnt which also resumes the game.

Reactions: UltimateFight

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I'm having a problem with Super Mario 3D All stars, while playing Super Mario Sunshine, I grab a coin, then search for value 1:
2020110300173000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

It finds the values, then I go back to the game, grab another coin then search for the new value, at that point there's a crash with error code 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

Versions:
Game: 1.0.1
Atmosphere: 0.15.0
Hekate: 5.3.4
Switch FW: 10.2.0 emuMMC
Edizon SE: 3.7.18

Sigpatches updated with AIO Switch Updater.

Also, sometimes it does not crash, but it won't find the coin value's memory address either, after several searches

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
To edit ram of switch with PC you can use Jnoexs over wifi, usb wasn't implemented as far as I am aware. Define real time for me. As far as peeking and poking 80000 memory address wifi would do just fine from my perspective. Are you saying you can't narrow down the list any further and 80000 is the best you can do? Hacking that many memory locations is likely to just crash the game or maybe the switch. I won't start hacking until the list is no more than a few hundred. If memory is encrypted and the whole block is changing it may well be serialized, if you hack even a single bit you destroy the whole block that comes after it.
Well from basic searches and not spending. Lot of time with it 80k was the lowest. The main issue is I'm not leveling up in the game since it takes a while to actually level up so I have nothing to compare abainst. Which is why I wanted to use my pc so I can more easily search for values as I see them pop up in the game

A value search for 5 is always going to produce 1000s of results and there's no provious cheats to try compare against on lower game revs

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from basic searches and not spending. Lot of time with it 80k was the lowest. The main issue is I'm not leveling up in the game since it takes a while to actually level up so I have nothing to compare abainst. Which is why I wanted to use my pc so I can more easily search for values as I see them pop up in the game

A value search for 5 is always going to produce 1000s of results and there's no provious cheats to try compare against on lower game revs
I have difficulty understanding you. You want to level up fast either look for code people already made or search for experience points.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I'm having a problem with Super Mario 3D All stars, while playing Super Mario Sunshine, I grab a coin, then search for value 1:
View attachment 232474
It finds the values, then I go back to the game, grab another coin then search for the new value, at that point there's a crash with error code 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

Versions:
Game: 1.0.1
Atmosphere: 0.15.0
Hekate: 5.3.4
Switch FW: 10.2.0 emuMMC
Edizon SE: 3.7.18

Sigpatches updated with AIO Switch Updater.

Also, sometimes it does not crash, but it won't find the coin value's memory address either, after several searches
There are code already made that gives you lot's of coins. You want to find it yourself you need to know one thing about this game, the data is stored in big-endian. It is 16 bit but you have to make a conversion to big-endian. Switch is little-endian. Do some googling if you don't know what this is. This game is not prone to crash for me. I played it until I got the coins. Didn't crash.
upload_2020-11-3_16-10-46.png

2020110316001100-45998392CB216ABF034EB6F98E399A06.jpg
2020110316011600-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the thing there's no level codes for any version. Anyway would there be a way to have this maybe show only values for current visual data. So instead of looking through all the ram it only shows values for things on screen and the data that represents them? So for instance Mario above it would show only ram values for that current frame and what's visually represented

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing there's no level codes for any version. Anyway would there be a way to have this maybe show only values for current visual data. So instead of looking through all the ram it only shows values for things on screen and the data that represents them? So for instance Mario above it would show only ram values for that current frame and what's visually represented
Again I don't fully understand what you wrote. It sounded like you want some AI that can look at the screen and do search for you. That is way beyond what an applet can ever do in the switch.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Again I don't fully understand what you wrote. It sounded like you want some AI that can look at the screen and do search for you. That is way beyond what an applet can ever do in the switch.
Yeah I realises after it sounded a bit wordy. Not so much an ai. But something like being able to tap on the screen to select an object or ui Icon and then that it fed to the program to find the addresses related to it.

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There are code already made that gives you lot's of coins. You want to find it yourself you need to know one thing about this game, the data is stored in big-endian. It is 16 bit but you have to make a conversion to big-endian. Switch is little-endian. Do some googling if you don't know what this is. This game is not prone to crash for me. I played it until I got the coins. Didn't crash.

Thank you, swapping the bytes worked like a charm

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

coey0814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
First, thank you for your hard work.
I have a question.

1. Search for the unknown value (dump the game file. Usually about 2~4GB)
2. Then, when I try to search for an increasing or decreasing value, edizon se stops unconditionally.
3. Then I have to force shut down and reboot. (homebutton doesn't work,
Freezing that lasts even after waiting 30 minutes.)

All games always do it from the second search (when trying to search for a large value)
Is it a problem that only I have?

(It's okay when searching for small in-between values or exact values)

Last edited by coey0814,

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, thank you for your hard work.
I have a question.

1. Search for the unknown value (dump the game file. Usually about 2~4GB)
2. Then, when I try to search for an increasing or decreasing value, edizon se stops unconditionally.
3. Then I have to force shut down and reboot. (homebutton doesn't work,
Freezing that lasts even after waiting 30 minutes.)

All games always do it from the second search (when trying to search for a large value)
Is it a problem that only I have?

(It's okay when searching for small in-between values or exact values)
I have seen crash with search but not often. Are you using exfat? Check you sd for corruption. Could your SD be full? I don't know if it would cause crash but the search probably cannot complete.

coey0814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I have seen crash with search but not often. Are you using exfat? Check you sd for corruption. Could your SD be full? I don't know if it would cause crash but the search probably cannot complete.

Thank you for the reply, I'm using fat32 format and there is about 10 GB of free space on the sd card, But,,, maybe I will try to increase the free space on the sd card. That may be the reason.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: What are we playing today?