Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
same here:
5.1 switch firmware,
1.6 sx os,
1.4.0 EdiZon from https://github.com/thomasnet-mc/EdiZon/releases/download/v1.4.0/SD.zip with no issues. Been using it a lot since I keep editing my Monster Hunter Generations save with "MHGUSaveEditor"

Have you used stealth mode on your switch? The latest version of SX OS somehow messes with your switch settings / the NAND itself and stealth mode would be the easiest explanation for it. If you did and it still works, they changed something under the hood which breaks EdiZon

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you used stealth mode on your switch? The latest version of SX OS somehow messes with your switch settings / the NAND itself and stealth mode would be the easiest explanation for it. If you did and it still works, they changed something under the hood which breaks EdiZon

You know, I think/thought this might be it since that was the biggest change in the update. It occurred to me to turn this off but I continued to get homebrew hard crashes in various apps. I do want to stress that not all of the crashes were EdiZon. Just some. So this is affecting multiple apps (checkpoint, RetroNX, and especially NX Shell).

might be a silly question but what is your SD card formatted to? Mine is exFat and it's a sandisk 200GB micro sd card.

I mentioned this above (but no worries): exFat. I tried using a different card (FAT32 SX 1.6) and I still got a hard crash in a homebrew app (cannot recall which, sorry).

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using stealth mode since they released it. no issues. i would say i have used Edizon and SX OS 1.6 ruffly around 25 times when i was editing my saves in MHGU. I have not used the SX OS FTP client at all and power down my switch and reload my SX OS after i edit the save. The only issue I can replicate with Edizon is when i go to the Homebrew App store and update it from there. Then when i launch EdiZon the selection screen is frozen or seems like the joycons are not working but I pres the "home" button and it takes me out. My work around was just to download it from github and I don't have any issues.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then when i launch EdiZon the selection screen is frozen or seems like the joycons are not working but I pres the "home" button and it takes me out. My work around was just to download it from github and I don't have any issues.

I have had this too. It was the first sign I knew something was wrong.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is fine for me as well edit/backing up saves no problem. Only issue is that it couldn't find my save for Shining Resonance Refrain even tho I have the script.
Must be the script itself not compatible. Was super happy it unlocked all characters in Hyrule Warriors, would love to see Fire Emblem get the same treatment

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Update

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone used 1.8 sx os? I would like to know if it fixes the issues others had with 1.6? I only used 1.5 when I last used the system. then used now when charging .

trueicecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming soon it toggling All games or only editable games using the L button :)
Next up in the feature list: Mass saving of all games and user ids.

Stay tuned ;)

Reactions: WerWolv

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
The only issue I can replicate with Edizon is when i go to the Homebrew App store and update it from there. Then when i launch EdiZon the selection screen is frozen or seems like the joycons are not working but I pres the "home" button and it takes me out. My work around was just to download it from github and I don't have any issues.
I have it downloaded from Github and it freezes just as you describe, on SX OS 1.9.

EDIT: Funny, I tried it again after posting this, and it crashed the Switch. Tried it once more and it worked fine. Weird.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

zepher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of "issues"
1) trying this with bayonetta doesn't see my save file.
2) trying this with botw says I have 0 rupees.
I know one is some kind of error because I have a save file (started a new game and got to the save screen - then saved), any ideas?
with the botw issue, is it because my game isn't updated enough perhaps?

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Couple of "issues"
1) trying this with bayonetta doesn't see my save file.
2) trying this with botw says I have 0 rupees.
I know one is some kind of error because I have a save file (started a new game and got to the save screen - then saved), any ideas?
with the botw issue, is it because my game isn't updated enough perhaps?

Are you using SX OS? Both issues can be related to that. If not, you need BOTW version 1.5.0 to use the config. BOTW difinitely worked for me earlier.

zepher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using SX OS? Both issues can be related to that. If not, you need BOTW version 1.5.0 to use the config. BOTW difinitely worked for me earlier.
naw, using rei. I'll try updating my botw and report back on that one.

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
A huge new release of EdiZon is up now. Version 1.5.0 features batch backups, editor-only mode and a lot of stability fixes and clean ups.

Full changelog
  • You can now backup all saves of a single game or the saves of all games and users at once from the title select screen. Thanks to @trueicecold for this feature
  • Added editable-only mode which hides all games except the ones you can edit using the builtin save editor. Again thanks to @trueicecold for this.
  • Added scrolling multipliers to the value widgets. Like that you can scroll in steps of 1, 10, 100, 1000 and 10000.
  • Added a step size setting to the configs that acts as a multiplier for the multipliers.
  • From now on ALL configs get shown immediately without the need to approve them first. However, they get overlayed with a big "BETA" label so you can see that they might not work yet.
  • Added support for shared fonts. This makes the whole UI a lot prettier and makes the .nro a bit smaller. Thanks to @AnalogMan151
  • Updated Lua to the latest version 5.3.5
  • Fixed a lot of lag everywhere
  • Fixed issues with huge save files causing Lua to fail
  • Fixed issue with the latest libnx
  • Refactored and cleaned up a lot of code and got rid of many many memory leaks
  • Fixed equations. They should work A LOT better now
Download: https://github.com/WerWolv98/EdiZon/releases/tag/v1.5.0

Last edited by WerWolv,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8