Gaming Editing the Pokemon Moon dump to remove the lines.

D

Deleted User

I really don't know what people have against the lines in the game. I barely notice them.

But I didn't see anything about it being done. Is there a way to do this on O3DS?

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
It does on Citra because Citra actually has issues rendering the lines :P
Well most people like it for aesthetic reasons. I mean if it's rendering less it should also increase performance on O3DS. Probably not noticeable though.

Would you be so gentle as to let us know what exactly do we have to edit in the CIA? Thanks!
Open the .code (exefs works as well) in a hex editor and use the given binaries to find and replace.
(Or do it straight to the CIA and fix the hash manually)

Last edited by Zan',
Reactions: deishido

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, its down apparently. Unfortunately I'm not able to put mine up there at the moment. Maybe someone else can?

If you just want to do it yourself, it is possible. The whole process took about ten minutes since I saved a lot of time skipping the romfs dump, and it was hella easy to do. i'll put my directions in a quote for you.

This should work for Sun and also for retail carts launched in luma?? But I don't know, can anyone confirm? also im an o3ds user and i haven't noticed any gain in framerate from this but it is aesthetically very pleasing

I couldn't find the file that were talking about, so I dumped my own. Heres what you can do:

This requires braindump
The homebrew menu
Pokemon moon installed or purchased (I do if sun works with the code)
You must be using luma cfw
A hex editor
You'll need devkitarm installed
The pack hack 3.5 by asia81.
(I used the 3.5 version because the most recent version made this a bit more complicated. That version can be found with their NTR LayeredFS guide.)

First, open the homebrew menu and then braindump.
Select your game. The dump will begin automatically.
Keep an eye on what it does. You only need the exefs for this, so wait until its done dumping the code.bin, banner, etc. When it moves on to dumping the RomFS, go ahead and power down your system by holding the power button.
Put your card in your computer, there will be a new folder with a string of digits as the name. Inside will be a exefs.bin and a romfs.bin. Delete the romfs.bin because its incomplete and not needed here.
Copy the exefs.bin file to the pack hack directory and rename it to DecryptedExeFS.bin
Open the trainer toolkit and type fs
Type exefs
Type yes
A folder called exe will appear all a file called .code.bin inside.
Rename this file to the title Id of your game with .bin at the end. the full 16 digit number of your braindump folder is your title id.
Open the file in your hex editor and replace 01 01 80 E0 04 20 80 E5 with 01 01 80 E0 00 F0 20 E3 . The first 8 numbers will stay the same, this is normal. Save and close the editor.
In the Luma folder on your card, create a new folder called code_sections
Put the edited .bin in there
Turn on your d's and press select immediately to open the Luna menu. Change the "language/region emu. Ext. .code" setting to be ON.
Press start and save. The changes should take effect when you turn on the game. You can see the difference immediately on the models, but its most noticeable in battle and in the pokedex.

I'm on mobile, so I'm sorry this makeshift guide is bad and I couldn't provide links. I found most of the stuff above with google. Good luck!

a slight edit was made so you wouldn't have to hunt down the tweet the code was in

Reactions: escequi

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh, its down apparently. Unfortunately I'm not able to put mine up there at the moment. Maybe someone else can?

If you just want to do it yourself, it is possible. The whole process took about ten minutes since I saved a lot of time skipping the romfs dump, and it was hella easy to do. i'll put my directions in a quote for you.

This should work for Sun and also for retail carts launched in luma?? But I don't know, can anyone confirm? also im an o3ds user and i haven't noticed any gain in framerate from this but it is aesthetically very pleasing

a slight edit was made so you wouldn't have to hunt down the tweet the code was in
This doesn't work for me, braindump outputs a .cxi file, not a folder with the partitions.
Edit: Apparently hacktool doesn't extract from half-dumped .cxi, i'll try with a full dump

Last edited by escequi,

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work for me, braindump outputs a .cxi file, not a folder with the partitions.
Edit: Apparently hacktool doesn't extract from half-dumped .cxi, i'll try with a full dump

Huh, I've never gotten a cxi file. But I'm also using an old version of braindump...

It seems that newer versions of ctrtool can decrypt those files. Install it and drop this in a cmd window:
Code:
ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin GameID.cxi
replacing GameID.cxi with the appropriate file name. I haven't testing it myself, but this seems to work for others.

https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh, I've never gotten a cxi file. But I'm also using an old version of braindump...

It seems that newer versions of ctrtool can decrypt those files. Install it and drop this in a cmd window:
Code:
ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin GameID.cxi
replacing GameID.cxi with the appropriate file name. I haven't testing it myself, but this seems to work for others.

https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases
Tbh i got too lazy to dump the whole game as older braindump wouldnt compile here and ended up downloading an already edited code.bin, thanks anyways

Reactions: deishido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1