Edge won't recognize Moonshell 2.08

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by tehsiffyguy, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009
  1. tehsiffyguy
    OP

Newcomer tehsiffyguy Newbie

Canada
    Hi there.

Recently I installed Moonshell 2.08, followed the directions on a CycloDS site to install it, and everything worked perfectly well. I use an Edge card, so the CycloDS directions weren't too far off.

One minor difference; in the config.xml file, rather than it saying moonshellpath, etc etc, it said item3. moonshl2.nds is in the moonshl2 folder which is at the root of my Edge card. Thus, I changed it as follows:

CODEA:/moonshl2/moonshl2.nds

Not sure if that's even part of the issue I'm having now, but Moonshell simply does not want to start from the Media button in the middle of the screen when I boot up my Edge card. It'll start without issue if I go into my ROMs section, flip through folders, and select moonshl2.nds, but not by the actual Media button itself. What's the problem?

2. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    Try

CODE/moonshl2/moonshl2.nds

3. tehsiffyguy
    OP

Canada
    Hmm. Something's weird with my config.xml. Item3 seems to change in config.xml depending on what I've last selected. For example, this is what it currently reads:

CODE

ÂÂÂÂ2
    ÂÂÂÂ0
    ÂÂÂÂA:/The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks (U).nds
    ÂÂÂÂ0
    ÂÂÂÂDefault
    ÂÂÂÂ0
    ÂÂÂÂEnglish

I'm not really even sure where I should be configuring Moonshell 2 to open now. Apparently it's not the same as the CycloDS method after all.

4. Gariscus

Australia
    Hmmm, it seems changes whenever you launch a game/homebrew...

Try this old method I used to have to use with my CycloDS(before Team Cyclops added the ability to customize the path the Moonshell):
    Rename the moonshl2 folder to moonshl and rename moonshl2.nds to moonshell.nds.

5. tehsiffyguy
    OP

Canada
    That came close to doing it, but got stopped. The top screen cited that it couldn't launch moonshl2/language or something of the sort, likely because I'd renamed the folder, and the bottom screen said to launch moonshl2_directboot.nds.

6. Gariscus

Australia
    Oops. I made a mistake, sorry about that. Rename the moonshl folder to moonshl2 again, create a new folder named moonshl on your micro sd and move moonshell.nds to it.

7. tehsiffyguy
    OP

Canada
    Aha. You're a genius. That did it.