Hacking Edge Saves the same as Acekard?

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After almost a 2 month wait from DX I got my Acekard 2ki in the mail. I've been using an Edge card for about a year which used the same type of SAV files as the R4 I had before it. Will the SAV files be the same or will I need to convert them over? Thanks!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
KicksDS said:
Acekards use .nds.sav so just change the save files to .nds.sav
Don't liten to this nonsense. AKAIO uses .sav, and is the default save setting on AKAIO 1.5. You don't need to rename anything.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I'm too lazy to make a topic - is there any way to extract saves from my game carts without buying anything?

KicksDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
KicksDS said:
Don't liten to this nonsense. AKAIO uses .sav, and is the default save setting on AKAIO 1.5. You don't need to rename anything.

Nonsense? Thats what I had to do to get it to work..

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
KicksDS said:
ShatteredScreens said:
KicksDS said:

Nonsense? Thats what I had to do to get it to work..
On AKAIO 1.4.1/official firmware, but everyone is (or should be) using AKAIO 1.5 by now.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synce said:
I'm too lazy to make a topic - is there any way to extract saves from my game carts without buying anything?

Yes there is, if you have a slot 2 expansion pack. If you do PM me (since this is offtopic) and I'll help you.

Zeldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nakura said:
synce said:

Yes there is, if you have a slot 2 expansion pack. If you do PM me (since this is offtopic) and I'll help you.

You can also use the WIFI backup tool (I believe there is a sticky in the homebrew section?, might be a different section, but you can find it), Make sure you read the entire tutorial, as it tells you how to back up saves instead of the ROM

Edit: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=94197

Want your saves, too? Go back to the first screen (Hit 'L' twice), and press 'B.' Accept the confirmation again and wait 5 seconds. CONGRATULATIONS! Your progress has been recorded for future generations. This .sav is usable directly in NO$GBA and should be a valid save for your flashcart. When you play a little more on your retail cart, select the save file on top screen, and it 'A' to update it with the latest from your cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night