Hacking EDGE and GBA Union

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about getting an EDGE, 'coz my Supercard DS One is starting to annoy me.

Out of all the sites I've been to that has a list of features, none mention anything about GBA Union.

So, even though the topic title pretty much speaks for itelf, I was wondering... Is GBA Union possible on the EDGE? And if so, how? EZ-Flash 3-in-1 + GBA Exploader?

-Thanks
smile.gif

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You named it. You will need 3in1 and GBA Exploder.
However Edge supports the memory and rumble function of the 3in1 by default.

Of course u can also use any other GBA flashcart (slot 2) and use the edge as passme.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i dont know what Gameboy Union for the supercard DS one means, but i guess its kinda the same function.

Let me say it again you will need a slot 2 cart for GBA games.
You can use the 3 in 1 for storing roms, extra memory and rumble effect with need of extrasoftware or use GBA flashcards that work on its own.
Either way the edge will act as passme means it activates the slot 2 hardware if you choose boot from slot 2 in option menue.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DSAndi said:
Well i dont know what Gameboy Union for the supercard DS one means, but i guess its kinda the same function.

Let me say it again you will need a slot 2 cart for GBA games.
You can use the 3 in 1 for storing roms, extra memory and rumble effect with need of extrasoftware or use GBA flashcards that work on its own.
Either way the edge will act as passme means it activates the slot 2 hardware if you choose boot from slot 2 in option menue.
I wasn't asking whether or not the Edge can play GBA games. I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate it nonetheless...

GBA Union is the... well.. "union" of a DS Game with its GBA counterpart. When dealing with normal cartridges, what this means is having the game in the slot-1, and having the GBA version of the game in the slot-2. The most popular reason for GBA Union is to have Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in the slot-1 and Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green/Sapphire/Ruby in the Slot-2.

GBA Union normally allows for extra gameplay features, a few bonuses, or in the case of Pokemon, being able to "migrate" from the previous generation to the current.

So... now that I've (hopefully) ironed out any misunderstandings; It doesn't state anywhere, in every features list, that the Edge supports GBA Union. However, I haven't seen it stated anywhere that the Edge DOESN'T support GBA Union, either... So, does the Edge support GBA Union, or not?

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh thanks for the clear up.
Well im pretty sure original GBA Games will work with GBA Union im not sure about it when using slot 2 flash equip.

I think final fantasy tactics on GBA and DS use the union and some castlevania titles too.

I think i can try out the final fantasy tactics one on ez 3in1 and edge.
Does it give some extra message on screen if the DS game detects the GBA counterpart ?

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DSAndi said:
Ahh thanks for the clear up.
Well im pretty sure original GBA Games will work with GBA Union im not sure about it when using slot 2 flash equip.

I think final fantasy tactics on GBA and DS use the union and some castlevania titles too.

I think i can try out the final fantasy tactics one on ez 3in1 and edge.
Does it give some extra message on screen if the DS game detects the GBA counterpart ?
It does on Pokemon, in the main menu. That's the only game I can speak confidently for, because it's the only game that I've tried with the original carts.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Big Green said:
I tested using Megaman Battle Network 5 Doiuble Team DS with the GBA games and yeah it works.
Can you be more specific? Were they both ROMs, or was the GBA game the original GBA cartridge? If they were both ROMs, what did you do?

GabrialDestruir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to find an answer for this all day and found out that if you turn rumble on you cant link games but with it off you can link two roms together.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GabrialDestruir said:
I've been trying to find an answer for this all day and found out that if you turn rumble on you cant link games but with it off you can link two roms together.
That's interesting. So you're sure, then, that two ROMs (a DS and a GBA) can do GBA Union, but only when rumble is off? Well, that's interesting.. I might get an Edge & EZ-Flash 3-in-1 then, when I can get the money.

GabrialDestruir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (rom) with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (DS Rom) along with Megaman Battle Network 5 and it's GBA counterpart both roms

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GabrialDestruir said:
I've tested Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (rom) with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (DS Rom) along with Megaman Battle Network 5 and it's GBA counterpart both roms
Ahh excellent. So.. how did you do it? Was it Ez-Flash 3-in-1 + GBA Exploader?

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I testet Final fantasy tactics advance euro and final fantasy tactics 2 euro (NDSL ) with edge and 3in1 and the union did work.
I did use gbaexploader to upload the GBA Game.
BTW Union did not work with US tactics advance and euro tactics NDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-