Hacking Easy USB Line for GBA & NDS Software

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello friends, can you please tell me what software is needed for this flash cartridge (highlighted in red)? I just can't find a program or find a manufacturer :(

For some reason I can't attach photos, apparently because I'm new to the forum. But the photo is located at gbasp.ru/image.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heard of every other one on that image, own several of them even. Nice collection too.
Never heard word one of that one in question however.

The usual guess is that such a thing is a fire card/fire linker ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/dealextreme-fire-linker.55056/ ), just a rebranded one (there were a few of those, and if they were the 256 Mbit flavour then often rebranded). The battery on the right more or less rules out it being clones of a few of those.
Video that might help a bit as well

That said is that a link port on the cartridge at the top?

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This cartridge has the same top port as the EFA cartridges.

Yes, blue is Fire Linker, but black is completely different. It cannot be written as blue :(

Top view: gbasp.ru/image1.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't think anybody would have cloned an original EFA/EFAII but if it is going to be that similar then you might have your answer. Good luck finding a cable if you did not already have one (if the carts did come with two you might find someone willing to sell one).
I don't know if it would be straight USB or some kind of USB to serial adapter such that you could possibly consider making one, though for the likely few dozen hours you waste making such a thing you could probably by enough shiny flash carts to kit out all your friends.

I don't think anything in the littlewriter or FAS1 or https://gbatemp.net/threads/burn2slot-re-programm-gba-bootlegs-on-ds.583984/ or various EZFlash related tools ever added support, and indeed I don't know if it can (not all devices support being written from the GBA side of things).

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you!
Im doing some research.

This card called SmartCard USB / WiseCard 4.

Seems to be for this card we need GBWriter v.3.3 software. But i cant find it.

VROdin

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Didn't think anybody would have cloned an original EFA/EFAII but if it is going to be that similar then you might have your answer. Good luck finding a cable if you did not already have one (if the carts did come with two you might find someone willing to sell one).
I don't know if it would be straight USB or some kind of USB to serial adapter such that you could possibly consider making one, though for the likely few dozen hours you waste making such a thing you could probably by enough shiny flash carts to kit out all your friends.

I don't think anything in the littlewriter or FAS1 or https://gbatemp.net/threads/burn2slot-re-programm-gba-bootlegs-on-ds.583984/ or various EZFlash related tools ever added support, and indeed I don't know if it can (not all devices support being written from the GBA side of things).
huh, usb method coming soon with other app)

Reactions: Fer2317

fukuzawa

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey, found one of these in the loft the other day, thought ill give it a go, but im struggling to instal drivers for the smartcard reader in win10 - tried to disable driver signitures, but that did nothing really - still cant get windows to recognize the device. any tips ? many thanks!

Fer2317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try it I'm gonna cost you headaches, just use a virtual pc install Windows XP and then use everything from there it's better

Reactions: Kwyjor

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hey, found one of these in the loft the other day, thought ill give it a go, but im struggling to instal drivers for the smartcard reader in win10 - tried to disable driver signitures, but that did nothing really - still cant get windows to recognize the device. any tips ? many thanks!
You should use virtualbox software or old notebook with windows xp :)

You can't run the program on Windows 10. Virtualbox is the easiest solution. The program is free, just find the installation file of Windows XP and the serial number to it. And then it will look like a normal installation of Windows XP on your computer. Then you need to connect the cartridge and in the USB settings (in the program VirtualBox itself) connect a new device and install the drivers for it (go with the program). And all, you can use the program and the cartridge.

Reactions: Fer2317

Kamelowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does anyone have the GBWriter 3.3? I found 2.0 version but It doesn't work with Pokemon Fire Red - crashes before title screen (other games worked just fine, tried Tetris Worlds and Pokemon Emerald)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work