XP
Country
United States
sku_4707_2_small.jpg

Fire Linker with 128MB Flash for GBA and NDS
$10.25 free shipping

sku_4707_1.jpg

sku_4707_6.jpg

anyone get this yet, its only 10 bucks so is it cheap quality? and does it support moonshell etc...... or what, it says movies on the box so is it moonshell or those gba movie files?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4707

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was posted somewhere else before. Since it uses serial (or parallel or whatever - I'm not good at these things), I'm assuming its kind of like the old GBA flash cards.

EDIT: Okay it uses USB or serial/parallel

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, talk about cheap! Beats the £170 ($250) I paid for my first GBA flash card! Not seen them about before but ordered one for the hell of it - will have a write up in a couple of weeks.
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow these carts keep getting revived, I remember this exact flash cart from about 2 years ago also called the Fire Linker. If it is the same cart, which it looks like it from the pictures, it is 128MB, meaning it'll hold 1 GBA game at a time.

It works pretty well in terms of GBA, never tried it on a DS.

Err if it is 128 MB, that means it can hold more ._. (average GBA game is around 8 MB)

The original Fire Linker also connects in a similar way, so this may be the real deal (though it doesn't look like it)

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thing I'm interested in finding out is what sort of PC connection this uses. The box says USB, yet the (possibly stock) photos clearly show a parallel cable.

As for the cart sizes, the only 256mbit GBA games I can think of at the moment are Kingdom Hearts: COM and Riviera: The Promised Land.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered one of these on Friday. So is it a confirmed 128Mb guys. Ehh, I payed 13AUD for it so I don't really care anymore.

EDIT-Wrong word

A further EDIT- Linkage to my Thread about the Firelinker Link

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I might get that JUST for the fact that Kazuma from S-Cry-Ed is on the Cart
tongue.gif
lol, hadn't even noticed that, even though I just finished watching S-scy-ed. Which reminds me. Why is the series named S-cry-ed? For as far as I know it has nothing to do with the anime itself :wtf:

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Received my cart today.
happy.gif

Would have a review up for today but I've already spent a fair bit of time fiddling about with this cart and my fingers are itching for a go on Guitar Hero 80s.
tongue.gif

Quick impressions: Yes, it's a 16MB cart. No USB cable - as the picture shows it's just a parallel port cable which flashes via the GBA or GBA SP link port. A disc comes bundled with software on but it's all in chinese so pretty much impossible to use and no English version seems to exist. Thankfully after some searching I found a program called flashcart.exe which works perfectly (after setting parallel port to EPP in bios).

Compatibility with GBA games looks good - not had any that havn't worked yet and I've tested about 15 games. Flashcart.exe will automatically trim roms to make room for the multiboot menu if needbe. Saving may be an issue with a few games because the largest single save flashcart.exe seems to want to make is 64kb despite 256kb of space being available. So I need to look into this, but it's only going to affect a few games if it is an issue, otherwise saving is pretty straight forward and backing up and writing saves using flashcart.exe seems easy. Still have to test homebrew on the GBA side of things, but don't expect to encounter any problems.

edit - oh and the flashcart.exe software has the ability to use cheatcodes with GBA games but again havn't had a change to test this out yet.

Regarding DS compatibility, obviously you will need flashme or a passcart/slot 1 cart to boot into DS mode. I tried using loadme to patch a couple of games as .ds.gba files. flashcart.exe burns them fine but I boot onto two white screens with my DS. So I don't know what's up with that =(. Tried homebrew app Phidias.ds.gba (i think it was the supercard version?) booted fine but some of the tools weren't working. Again I need to look into the DS side of things a bit more.

Overall it's shaping upto be a great little cart for $10, will have a mini review with pics and everything up in a day or two.

smile.gif

Gartok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you VERY much for that link and review, Darkforce. I ordered this about a week ago and was worried there might be problems with the software... I have saved the files from your link and can't wait for mine to arrive.

THANKS AGAIN!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: