Hacking Easy explanation?

Eloweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there is like ten topics on R4 DS cheats, but to be perfectly honest, I don't understand one word of them and all the clones of the R4 confuse me. Just looking for some help.

So I own an R4 clone. It's one of those R4 SDHC ones. I got it at a computer swap meet, so I don't know what company deals it or what country it originated in. The box has the r4ultra.com website and their firmware works just fine for me.
Most of my games have cheats, with the exception of Pokemon Platinum, which I would like to have cheats on. I've tried downloading CHEAT.dat files and USRCHEAT.dat files and all that jazz, which don't seem to work.
A) The cheats just don't appear

B) It freezes on the Loading... screen bootup phase.

There's something called the YSmenu? Which may or may not work on this version of the R4.

Sorry to bother you all but, just looking for an easy to understand guide that won't kill my R4, my computer, or short circuit my brain.

Thanks!

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the R4 and its clones are unable to show all cheat files. This is because it has been limited, so if you wish to enable cheats for selected games, deleted all unnecessary cheat arrays. If you can't be bothered / unable to do it, try YSMenu. YSMenu is a firmware of which uses TTfirmware. Use this link
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359&st=0

Eloweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bluelaserman said:
Well, the R4 and its clones are unable to show all cheat files. This is because it has been limited, so if you wish to enable cheats for selected games, deleted all unnecessary cheat arrays. If you can't be bothered / unable to do it, try YSMenu. YSMenu is a firmware of which uses TTfirmware. Use this link
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359&st=0

Yeah, thanks but:

List of r4 clones that ysmenu DOES NOT work on:
1. R4 Neo.
2. R4 SDHC.
3. R4i Pro Gold.

Yeah... I think that's mine.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You can always edit the .dat file using r4cce.

EDIT: I just realized I was waaay to vague. I meant, since the r4 limited the cheats to the first few games or so, Just use r4cce to remove all extra games you don't want or need.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first go here and download r4cce.

Use this program to open up the usrcheat.dat file and you can edit the contents. Delete the out-of-region games (like if you are from the EU region, delete the US and JAP and other region games).

When you are done editing, click file -> save.

Eloweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, thank you very much, I think my games are mixed, but I'll kill all the Jap ones
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...