Hacking Easiest way to clone internal HDD to SSD

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s the 360’s turn for an internal upgrade. Currently has 1TB HDD installed and just received a 1TB SSD. I’d like to put the SSD internally; what’s the best way for me to clone the current internal drive?.

I thought I’d have to; plug SSD internally, format. Then plug HDD back in. Connect SSD via enclosure and Aurora to copy from internal to external. Once complete, just plug SSD inside 360?

If not and there are any better methods, I’m all ears.
Thanks

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s the 360’s turn for an internal upgrade. Currently has 1TB HDD installed and just received a 1TB SSD. I’d like to put the SSD internally; what’s the best way for me to clone the current internal drive?.

I thought I’d have to; plug SSD internally, format. Then plug HDD back in. Connect SSD via enclosure and Aurora to copy from internal to external. Once complete, just plug SSD inside 360?

Thanks
I think you can just use software like EaseUS Todo Backup, or similar app, since your not changing size.
Check this:

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No need to clone, just hook up the 1TB and copy everything to the drive.
Hell, take it as a opportunity to do a fresh Aurora/FSD install and then hookup the old drive and copy all the games back.

Slavaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks
I just had to do this a few days ago. The easiest way for me was through my PC. I had a sata adapter already so i was able to use that and an external hdd cable to hook it up. If you dont have one of those, you can just install it inside your computer if you have extra connections. I used a program called FatXplorer. So far its the only program I have found that reads the file system. This gave me a chance to back everything up to my PC while I was at it as well. Install the new drive to the xbox and let it format it, then hook up the new drive to the PC and copy all of your files to it. Took me hours of waiting for the transfers to complete, but was pretty easy. That app also has a 7 day free trial with full functionality. You can also do as another had suggested and just hook your new drive up as an external and copy everything through the console, but it seemed slower when I did that a long time ago, and I also had issues with copying because of some of the file names. Good luck!

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had to do this a few days ago. The easiest way for me was through my PC. I had a sata adapter already so i was able to use that and an external hdd cable to hook it up. If you dont have one of those, you can just install it inside your computer if you have extra connections. I used a program called FatXplorer. So far its the only program I have found that reads the file system. This gave me a chance to back everything up to my PC while I was at it as well. Install the new drive to the xbox and let it format it, then hook up the new drive to the PC and copy all of your files to it. Took me hours of waiting for the transfers to complete, but was pretty easy. That app also has a 7 day free trial with full functionality. You can also do as another had suggested and just hook your new drive up as an external and copy everything through the console, but it seemed slower when I did that a long time ago, and I also had issues with copying because of some of the file names. Good luck!
This is exactly what I have done.

Plugged new SSD to new internal exclosure, Formatted; I set up a new Aurora install + dash launch. - Plugged both the old internal HDD and new internal SSD in to PC. Currently using Fatxplorer to copy the contents cover.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to provide an update. - It took near 2 days to copy all content from my 1TB HDD to a new 1TB SSD.

I've updated my apps along the way. No data lost which is great.

Have I noticed a difference? absolutely. Each time I load Aurora the HDD, I'd see my content count going from 0-188 took maybe 5-7 seconds. Now on the SSD instant, I don't even see it. - Actual game loading is faster also. - Now I don't need to work about drive failure and mainly all my RB/GH content having to be obtained again..

Thanks for the advice guys.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
No need to clone, just hook up the 1TB and copy everything to the drive.
Hell, take it as a opportunity to do a fresh Aurora/FSD install and then hookup the old drive and copy all the games back.

Sorry for the necromance. Would you suggest using any homebrew tool or the FSD file manager? I have a Slim model, would it just work if I plugged the new or old disc via USB-SATA adapter?

Slavaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the necromance. Would you suggest using any homebrew tool or the FSD file manager? I have a Slim model, would it just work if I plugged the new or old disc via USB-SATA adapter?
FSD or Aurora built in file tool should work. Ive used both without issues.

edit: Thinking back, I have had a few issues with file names in the past being too long if I remember correctly. If you have problems transferring anything you may try renaming the problem folder to fix it. This issue was only with some of my game folders that I had named.

Last edited by Slavaka,
Reactions: pustal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-