Hacking Easiest to use Flash Card

Chrisles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have delt with a fair amount of flash cards already and have settled into using my Acekard R.P.G. and EZ Flash V 3in1. But this card isn't for me.

I'm getting a card for my sister's son (who is 6). No one in their household is tech savy (in fact just assume they don't even know what a computer is) and I was trying to figure out what card has the easiest GUI with the LEAST about of options to run. They need nothing fancy to confuse themselves. He is six so he just purely wants to play the games, cheats, RTS, slow down, skins, and options won't matter to him. I also would like something that can either play GBA games with little trouble or is compatible with the EZ Flash.

I don't want to get called for tech support at all. I'm planning on loading the games myself too (buy a SDHC 8GB card should do it).

So what do you all think?

And thank you all for your input. GBAtemp.net has been great for getting information in the past for myself personally but I'm somewhat stumped on what to do.

P.S. Wow I've been a member since 06 and this is my first post !!

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
cyclo
tongue.gif

While you dont need the features, it's also the most reliable and easy-to-use flash cart. You know it'll work with most games (or at least come out with timely updates) and if you dont use the advanced menu and features then it's a very straightforward cart.

I'm assuming it's not a DSi, right?

Chrisles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for the DSi. I have two DS Lites and a Fat DS. When my sister gives me the money for the the DS Lite (and everything else I'm getting for her) I will buy a DSi.

Price is not a option at this point either as it's not for me (I'm not a some teenager with a minimum wage job and did shell out for a Acekard).

I always wanted to tinker with a Cyclo.

Also on another note. The DSTT and moreover the R4 have a lot of clones (please correct me if I'm wrong). I just don't want to get one of those. I bought everything via dealextreme (I personally love them I know that some people have gripes). The DSTT has a store on their site it seems, but the R4 isn't even giving a list of realtors.

Considering the Cyclo what about the EDGE then? Aren't they 90% the same (minus the built in RAM)?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
if price isnt a problem, I would go with the cyclo for it's support and stability.

if you want to go cheap, get an edge
tongue.gif

I don't think updates for the newer games get released that fast for the edge though, and I question how long the team will be around
unsure.gif

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK, SDHCs don't work on R4, unless you have the YSMenu. And using (and installing) YSMenu takes time to learn, though (that was my friend's experience on R4 / YSMenu).

CycloDS or its cheaper counterpart, EDGE would be my recommendation. It only requires the firmware (downloaded from their website) and the games. And you're done! No other stuff needed.
smile.gif

Chrisles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
if price isnt a problem, I would go with the cyclo for it's support and stability.

if you want to go cheap, get an edge
tongue.gif

I don't think updates for the newer games get released that fast for the edge though, and I question how long the team will be around
unsure.gif

Never really thought about that. CycloDS has come down in price (last I checked was last year). The money isn't bad at all considering the alternative.... which is tech calls from my sister, me trucking over there with my laptop, trying to troubleshoot and figure out the problem. If I can spend a few extra bucks and save my sanity from a completely computer ignorant sibling who couldn't tell the difference between a USB port and DVD Drive. Money well spent.

Thanx guys!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
AK2 with AKAIO, akSakura (modified M3Sakura for AK2), Moonshell2 (With akaio loaders, allow it to run commercial roms), YSMenu, Official firmware. Hell you get sooooooooooooooooooooo much more from it than any other cart
biggrin.gif

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
AK2 with AKAIO, akSakura (modified M3Sakura for AK2), Moonshell2 (With akaio loaders, allow it to run commercial roms), YSMenu, Official firmware. Hell you get sooooooooooooooooooooo much more from it than any other cart
biggrin.gif
But the flashcart is for a 6 year old so too many options isn't good either.
wink.gif

I've owned an SCDS1, CycloDS Evolution, EDGE (which I recently gave to my friend) and an Acekard 2i. The easiest and most simple to use is by the EDGE and I definitely think it's the most suitable for a 6 year old.

Don't mind me Normmatt but I love the Acekard and AKAIO but it's probably too complicated. =P

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Eon-Rider said:
Normmatt said:
biggrin.gif
But the flashcart is for a 6 year old so too many options isn't good either.
wink.gif

I've owned an SCDS1, CycloDS Evolution, EDGE (which I recently gave to my friend) and an Acekard 2i. The easiest and most simple to use is by the EDGE and I definitely think it's the most suitable for a 6 year old.

Don't mind me Normmatt but I love the Acekard and AKAIO but it's probably too complicated. =P

Hate me all you want but Kids SHOULDNT be using these. They are piracy devices. Giving them to your kids is really a great influence isnt it, says lets do download some songs and movies. Cops come knocking at your door and take you and your kids away and charger to 100,000 for piracy.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are all the same to use for basic gameplaying.

OS files
nds files

thats it, apart from slyclo where you have to actually flash shit.

SLAPS

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO By Far M3DS Real with the Sakura Firmware.

Set the System Directory to hidden, create a games and video folder then off you go.

My 4yo Son has no issues with navigation using Sakura. I have both video's and ~130 games on his NDS.

His favourite game.... Worms 2.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.