EA PLAY Games Lineup Revealed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    EA Play.jpg

Electronic Arts' standalone event, EA Play, is back again this year! From June 10-12 attendees can play the next Star Wars™ Battlefront, Need for Speed™, Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18 at the Hollywood Palladium. More titles will be announced later as well.

Over on their blog, EA also adds: "Beyond the hands-on experience in Hollywood, we have an extensive content program for our players joining us online. Throughout the three-day event we will be providing you with detailed gameplay deep dives, competitive events and exclusive interviews with the development teams. So whether you're experiencing EA PLAY in-person or watching online, be sure to join us starting June 10."

Tickets will be available on April 20th at 9am PT/6pm CET for players that would like to join in person.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

2. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    oh, they have their baby e3....wonder if they show us if they REALLY support Switch

damiano2712 and HaloEffect17 like this.
  3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Isn't there already origin access? Which is owned by EA and it already grants you the access to play the games mentioned above... Where are differences rather than EA access?

damiano2712 and Xabring like this.
  4. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    guess it's the chance to see the developers themselves, but other than that, I guess none other I can think of.

5. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Gosh, more generic sports games that won't have any major gameplay changes, and another horrible Need For Speed game that will likely be locked to 30FPS even on PC. I just can't contain the excitement.

6. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Ops, my bad, I didn't read whole news lol
    Ops, my bad, I didn't read whole news lol

Xabring likes this.
  7. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's best looking speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Here's to hoping the new star wars battlefront isn't near as bad as the first one. But knowing ea, they'll screw it up somehow.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I wasn't aware you could play "the next Star Wars™ Battlefront, Need for Speed™, Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18 at the Hollywood Palladium." on Origin already. Boy the future sure is neat!

Prans and rileysrjay like this.
  9. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    we need new IP, the world needs new IPs, Switch is the only one offers new new IPs

10. GorrillaRIBS

GorrillaRIBS Gigyas became tame

Nov 15, 2015
    Canada
    Fourside
    One can hope, but I lost faith in EA a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... - gonna be on the lookout for switch-related stuff, though. If EA flaunts their support at their event, other 3rd parties might follow suit, which would be nice.

11. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    They make gameplay changes and there are improvements, are they major changes? Maybe not in the eyes of someone like you but they ARE enough to justify a new game in the series. You feel the change when you play it in more accurate passing and shooting and control over the player. Maybe that means nothing to you but to people who enjoy sports games, its good and the last Fifa 17 was a massive improvement over 16. That is why it continues to sell as well because it appeals to the sport fan market.

Also "generic" sports games? What exactly is generic about it? You're complaining that it is doing what its supposed to do? It realistically simulates the real world sport in an enjoyable way and that is generic? Lol... Clearly by that remark, you have no interest in sport. Which is fine but don't be that kid who resents all the jocks because they themself cannot kick a ball to save their life.

TL;DR: The Fifa and Madden games are improving in the way that the people who play those games enjoy. You are clearly not the intended audience so how about you stay in your lane. Yeah?

12. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Oh, what surprises will EA have in store for us? ^_^

-generic Battlefield game that isn't called Battlefield, because you can't push out a Battlefield every year
    -generic Need for Speed that's still half Burnout like the other recent ones
    -two generic Football games (internationally speaking)
    -generic Basketball game
    -no word about the Switch

Yawn! :sleep:

13. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    EA is still a thing?

14. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    ...I'm a huge fan of Baseball, and of most sports. I've played for over 10 years, so, I obviously don't resent sports. My problem with EA's sports titles is that they're so stiff, and they really don't try to innovate. The Madden and NBA titles show hardly any change between them, besides the slightest of tweaks. They added 0.0001% of a change to the way a ball is thrown, and added each new roster. Does that constitute a full $60 dollar new title? Hardly. I think the EA sports games really need to change the formula, or another "sports-sim" series needs to come to light to push EA to do new things, because they certainly are capable of better. Are you telling me not to have an opinion at all? Because that's just rich. Heck, the blatant glitches alone need to be fixed, because EA pushes these out so fast that it takes another year for it to stop being buggy. Even rehash-ridden franchises like CoD and Pokemon at least try to bring new things to the table, better gameplay, etc.

StarTrekVoyager and Prans like this.
  15. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Last time i played a EA game was Nba jam on playstation 3. :P

So guess no more ssx games or nba jam games. Oh well, Never really liked games Ea makes.

Pokefanatic likes this.
  16. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I thought I accidentally stumbled into a news article from last year when I read those game titles

EA...please stop. Just stop. Everything you copy is embarrassing. Origin was enough.

17. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    what a truckload of SHIT more remakes and re-hashes yeah keep milkin DAT garbage EA! 100% ZERO originality :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Mar 24, 2017
  18. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Yes, absolutely. While it has some controversies among some users, I can name quite a handful of games where EA has really improved their game. :)

Oh, wait. That is EA as in 'Early Access'. EA as in 'Electronic Arts' is...well...less of a thing.

;)

19. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    why hold an event to host the same shite...... nice to see people agree on this.

some reason EA remind me of......... Nin......

20. Pokefanatic

Pokefanatic Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    I plan on getting NBA for nintendo switch