EA: Battlefront won't have single player because "people don't want it."

battlefront_logo.jpg

In a recent interview with Peter Moore, COO of EA, Moore was asked about the controversy of yearly released sports titles, as well as some information about Star Wars Battlefront's lack of a single player campaign.

Peter Moore acknowledged that sports games have come under fire for being pushed out every year with menial updates, but he also thinks that in the future there may be a place for a yearly update, but for the time being “there is still a thirst for a great, brand-new boxed game.” Looks like we’ll be forking out for a new game every year for the foreseeable future, then…
Star Wars Battlefront was also on the table during the chat. When asked why the game won’t ship with a full-on single-player experience, Peter Moore stated that “very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games” going on with “that’s what the data points to.”

How do you feel about this line of thinking? Are games that seem to have a primary emphasis on multiplayer content, somehow excluded from the need for a single player campaign? Especially when it comes to narrative content such as the Star Wars universe.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: Margen67

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buying games sight unseen is a fairly risky proposition from where I sit (at least if the price of a game is a sum of money that matters to you), however I am not seeing how not having a single player in a game like this warrants such a mindset as displayed in this thread.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying games sight unseen is a fairly risky proposition from where I sit (at least if the price of a game is a sum of money that matters to you), however I am not seeing how not having a single player in a game like this warrants such a mindset as displayed in this thread.
And what mindset is that?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People seem to be somewhat upset and wondering why people would buy the game, chastising others, chastising EA and I am not entirely sure why. Actually the cynical side of me is but I am curious to hear others say why.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seem to be somewhat upset and wondering why people would buy the game, chastising others, chastising EA and I am not entirely sure why. Actually the cynical side of me is but I am curious to hear others say why.
Well here is my two cents and hear me out.
I'm going to answer this individually

chastising others
IMO it is because of the people like I said who will buy a "AAA" game no matter what without caring about quality like the "bro" gamers..

chastising EA
Because whether or not you like it EA is part of the problem of companies that are spending money to release uninspired sequels without caring to much about quality and at the same time canning more original quality tittles for subpar sequels which will make more money.

I am not entirely sure why.
Because of the fact a company is removing a major part of a game in order for money. Was it a huge part of past games? Not really but at the same it shows that EA does not care about quality as profits matter and this is amplified when that money saved is not going info multiplayer as it should but is going into EA's Cash cow.

Ultimately I have to say I strongly can't understand your view but that's just me.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Because people are children and they all strive to bitch about anything. This thread could say "EA: Battlefront Will Have Short Singleplayer" and everyone will sit here and bitch and moan that it isn't a 90 hour epic and how EA is ruining the business and how EA is obviously wrong about everything they do and how this isn't a "real" game and boohoo bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people are children and they all strive to bitch about anything. This thread could say "EA: Battlefront Will Have Short Singleplayer" and everyone will sit here and bitch and moan that it isn't a 90 hour epic and how EA is ruining the business and how EA is obviously wrong about everything they do and how this isn't a "real" game and boohoo bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan.
Yes but at the same time its better then fanboys who will defend a company's every move. That the reason why Nintendo is F'd up

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will probably watch the next Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone films, I see that much the same way. Equally aside from the wii and handhelds I am not sure of the last time Activision and/or EA really did a stinker in this world. That said I no longer bother to watch Steven Segal's output so maybe.

So what if it is just for money... such things are usually how projects work. Did they say it is not being reinvested? Also if they had pocketed a grant from somewhere, or investment earmarked/sold based upon..., then I might see being upset. Being able to invest your own money as you see fit seems pretty reasonable to me.

@ Tom Bombadildo are the cynical side of me's inner thoughts broadcasting over the radio again?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yes but at the same time its better then fanboys who will defend a company's every move. That the reason why Nintendo is F'd up
No, no it isn't, it's just as bad. Not a single person in this entire thread has ever touched the game, and you're all sitting here bitching about how you'll never play it and how it's the worst game 2016 and it's ruining AAA gaming and other inane horse shit. That's not "better" than fanboys, that's just as fucking bad.

EDIT:

@ Tom Bombadildo are the cynical side of me's inner thoughts broadcasting over the radio again?
So that's who keeps telling me to kill them all! I thought I was crazy!

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will probably watch the next Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone films, I see that much the same way. Equally aside from the wii and handhelds I am not sure of the last time Activision and/or EA really did a stinker in this world. That said I no longer bother to watch Steven Segal's output so maybe.

So what if it is just for money... such things are usually how projects work. Did they say it is not being reinvested? Also if they had pocketed a grant from somewhere, or investment earmarked/sold based upon..., then I might see being upset. Being able to invest your own money as you see fit seems pretty reasonable to me.
No, no it isn't, it's just as bad. Not a single person in this entire thread has ever touched the game, and you're all sitting here bitching about how you'll never play it and how it's the worst game 2016 and it's ruining AAA gaming and other inane horse shit. That's not "better" than fanboys, that's just as fucking bad.
No tom, fanboys who defend bs moves like a few of you have are creating a model where companies like Nintendo and Activision can and will do whatever the fuck they want because they have retards like the Nintendo fanboys who will buy a game that is shit if it has Mario on it and that's what is wrong.

Calling EA out for there shit is what they deserve because its the only thing from morons who do nothing but buy a fing game regardless of quality.

So you can buy Nintendo consoles with crap ass specs, Capcom Dlc hubs, and games from EA where profits rule and quality is least and that's fine but I for one am want to call companies on it for one

And I am sorry if this comes off as rude but I had to get some shit off my chest

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complaining about the people who buy AAA games no matter what is pointless. They're the last people that would be viewing a site like this, and they tend to be 12 year olds who barely know the difference anyway. Honestly while I don't like this I think some of the EA hate is unwarranted. Sure they have some terrible practices but most devs do these days. For all the shit they pull they still do some decent things like free games on PC, and they put out some solid games from time to time.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No tom, fanboys who defend bs moves like a few of you have are creating a model where companies like Nintendo and Activision can and will do whatever the fuck they want because they have retards like the Nintendo fanboys who will buy a game that is shit if it has Mario on it and that's what is wrong.

Calling EA out for there shit is what they deserve because its the only thing from morons who do nothing but buy a fing game regardless of quality.

So you can buy Nintendo consoles with crap ass specs, Capcom Dlc hubs, and games from EA where profits rule and quality is least and that's fine but I for one am want to call companies on it for one

And I am sorry if this comes off as rude but I had to get some shit off my chest

It's pretty obvious that people should call companies out when they do stupid shit.

But it's also pretty obvious that not every single thing any company ever does is wrong. You're just too retarded to tell the difference. There's being a blind fanboy, and then there's being a blind anti-fanboy. Both are equally bad. Just because you personally don't like the decision, doesn't actually make it wrong. Anyone with a brain can understand why a development team would opt to focus on the primary mode of play.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty obvious that people should call companies out when they do stupid shit.

But it's also pretty obvious that not every single thing any company ever does is wrong. You're just too retarded to tell the difference. There's being a blind fanboy, and then there's being a blind anti-fanboy. Both are equally bad. Just because you personally don't like the decision, doesn't actually make it wrong. Anyone with a brain can understand why a development team would opt to focus on the primary mode of play.
Yup retards like you are to dumb to notice that they aren't even going to put the money there and are just going to get the profits

I feel sorry for you if you honestly believe these companies saying they are using their time and money to make it better.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup retards like you are to dumb to notice that they aren't even going to put the money there and are just going to get the profits

I feel sorry for you if you honestly believe these companies saying they are using their time and money to make it better.

lol anti-fanboys are so funny

Humanity everyone.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People who have their heads in there butts and believe everything companies say give me lulz

Seems more like salt.
You act like EA beat the shit out of your dog right in front of you, then spat on you and left.

Anywho I try not to make it a habit of talking to retarded brick walls. If you ever get a brain and want to have an intelligent conversation, you know where to find me ;)

Okay guys this is going too far.
Can we all sit down, drink tea and stop hating each other?
Talking shit about each other because of EA isn't worth it.

I actually am drinking tea. Also this isn't even about EA anymore funny enough. At least, Rev is crying about his trust issues moreso than anything else.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems more like salt.
You act like EA beat the shit out of your dog right in front of you, then spat on you and left.

Anywho I try not to make it a habit of talking to retarded brick walls. If you ever get a brain and want to have an intelligent conversation, you know where to find me ;)

I actually am drinking tea. Also this isn't even about EA anymore funny enough. At least, Rev is crying about his trust issues moreso than anything else.
I too am drinking tea actually and can say if you ever grow a brain and learn to think for yourself then PM me.
:teach:

I kid

Kinda

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying some people will buy overhyped games regardless of how good or what quality it is because they are stupid. A good example is the COD crowd
I have another example. Destiny!.

Its a Buy the game and if you want to keep playing keep buying DLCs, its like one is paying for a demo and has to keep paying for the full game. I hope companies start following the Witcher 3 format. Release a game and all DLCs are free.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another example. Destiny!.

Its a Buy the game and if you want to keep playing keep buying DLCs, its like one is paying for a demo and has to keep paying for the full game. I hope companies start following the Witcher 3 format. Release a game and all DLCs are free.
Me too but things like this, evolve and what not are better money makers for companies by making a basic game barely playable and then using dlc a ton or just using dlc as a cash grab.

Reactions: Pecrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt