• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm, the controller is just a traditional controller with a touchscreen, this doesn't radically change gameplay, and you just cherry-picked two titles with one not even released yet.
Nobody's interested in it because it had a horrible launch and has no games, E3 will focus on Nintendo's biggest titles.
I do agree that VMM has this fix bias mindset about Nintendo or at least this/their console and cherry-picking games and not looking at games that are on and coming to the console, but I believe the launch was good, but it wasn't consistent afterwards (at least with non-indie devs), especially with EA's fallout with Nintendo. I also feel people are over exaggerating Wii u situation. To me, the gamepad makes everything more streamline.

err... I could ramble about bit more, but back on topic.

I'm split between Nintendo and Sony.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topi...-wii-u-version-of-watch-dogs-quotnext-genquot

So apparently it's not confirmed, but it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together based on what we know here.

Ubisoft says that it's being developed for high end PC and next generation consoles first, including the Wii U, and that they're developing the current gen version later.

Also it's running on the Wii U right now. So why would they say they're working on the next gen version first, and have it running on Wii U first, if the Wii U can't handle the next gen version? Obviously it's set to get the next gen version in that case.

Like I said, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together in this case.

Mthb54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topi...-wii-u-version-of-watch-dogs-quotnext-genquot

So apparently it's not confirmed, but it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together based on what we know here.

Ubisoft says that it's being developed for high end PC and next generation consoles first, including the Wii U, and that they're developing the current gen version later.

Also it's running on the Wii U right now. So why would they say they're working on the next gen version first, and have it running on Wii U first, if the Wii U can't handle the next gen version? Obviously it's set to get the next gen version in that case.

Like I said, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together in this case.

The Wiiu might handle them now but it won't be long until it can't anymore.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I was sitting on the gametrailers stream for the xbone presentation and they had one of his videos on it.... could not hit the mute button fast enough.
I've only watched two or thee videos, seems like he knows his stuff. Unlike other people on GT or similar sites he does bring up some interesting point whether you like the personality/jokes or not.
Watch the the xbone vid, it sums up the feelings people had about it without being bashful or biased.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone explain to me why Ninty will have a better E3 than Microsoft or Sony? Didn't Ninty confirm their E3 wasn't going to be bells and whistles whilst the other two could very well reveal new information on their new consoles?

Reactions: VMM

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone explain to me why Ninty will have a better E3 than Microsoft or Sony? Didn't Ninty confirm their E3 wasn't going to be bells and whistles whilst the other two could very well reveal new information on their new consoles?

Maybe they are anticipating one of those "at least it was not as bad as ?" situations. There is a fair historical precedent for such a thing as well.

D

Deleted_171835

Because they have the most to prove right now with the Wii U's future and all. They never said that their E3 wasn't going to be "all bells and whistles" but rather that they would be using a Ninty Direct to replace the traditional E3 conference.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, everyone: I'm not hosting a big event at E3 neither. Can I be added to the poll options, and will you all vote for me? :D

On a more serious note...I think it'll be either sony or ubisoft. I honestly can't see how microsoft can recover from that pre-presentation fiasco. At best, it'll be damage control and crushing fake rumors. But sony better shows some interesting games, because I doubt "more of the same" is going to cut it. :unsure:

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm, the controller is just a traditional controller with a touchscreen, this doesn't radically change gameplay, and you just cherry-picked two titles with one not even released yet.
Nobody's interested in it because it had a horrible launch and has no games, E3 will focus on Nintendo's biggest titles.
There's more to the controller than "just a traditional controller with a touchscreen". It packs a lot of motion-tracking hardware allowing the gamepad to move around in freespace and know exactly where it has moved (similar to the technology you'd see in a virtual reality head-mounted display), and how fast it has moved, making the second screen do much more than a stationary screen.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ubisoft will have the best presentation in my opinion. They've got some great games lined up for the future (especially Watch Dogs) and last year's did not disappoint.

(Wow was that a whole year ago or some other event when they showed the first clips of Watch Dogs, feels like a few months.)

D

Dork

There's more to the controller than "just a traditional controller with a touchscreen". It packs a lot of motion-tracking hardware allowing the gamepad to move around in freespace and know exactly where it has moved (similar to the technology you'd see in a virtual reality head-mounted display), and how fast it has moved, making the second screen do much more than a stationary screen.

Well, you know what I mean. 2 symmetrical analog sticks, a D-Pad, ABXY buttons, Start and Select, Bumper and Trigger buttons, and a Power button. These have pretty much become a staple of any modern controller.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you know what I mean. 2 symmetrical analog sticks, a D-Pad, ABXY buttons, Start and Select, Bumper and Trigger buttons, and a Power button. These have pretty much become a staple of any modern controller.
Oh, I gotcha. You're just pointing out that despite the different extra features, it still has the "standard" controller as a base, making it easy to work with unlike the Wiimote which was completely differently laid out.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

it's not a touch screen, it's a touchpad, much like the one in the PS Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj