KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
Why Nintendo??????!!!!! Have you not learned from the 3DS????!!!!!! Don't keep the same name! People won't buy it! To me it just looks like an add on the the Wii... And i really hope we can use GC controllers for some REAL gaming.
I don't understand why people won't buy it because it's named "Wii U" I certainly would buy it if it has good games.

I will as well. But what I'm saying is, with the 3DS, many people I know IRL seem to think it's just an upgrade of the normal DS. I predict the same with this "Nah, i won't buy it, it's the same as the Wii" UNLESS they market the ACTUAL CONSOLE (picture earlier) well, in which case people will see.
Every console and handheld is an upgrade of the original. So yes they are right.
What he means is if they keep the name of the previous console and add onto it (without a number like DS 2 or Wii 2) then people will think it's an add-on or revision, just like what happened with the 3DS.
But that is what it is. I mean, look at the sony. PS1, PS2, PS3. All sold well, and they kept "Playstation" Through and through with just adding 2 and 3.
Exactly, people notice they are the next console because they have numbers. The Wii U dios admittedly sound like an add-on, and the 3DS just sounds like another revision, not a major next generation console like PS1 to PS2, which are notable for their numeric endings and thus people instantly now it's the next iteration and not the next revision.

But that doesn't make much sense, if they were known for there numeric endings, why didn't they just name the ps vita the psp 2? Really, if people are going to make such a big fuss over names, then why buy the console in the first place?
We don't care about the name because we like it or not, we care about the names because if it is named like 3DS, other, less informed people will misunderstand and not by the system.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
smile72 said:
Hope Nintendo will change the name because parents are stupid, they won't buy this for their kids, if they think it's just an add on to the Wii. Wii U, sucks anyway. And the design of the controller is so poor.

dont buy it then millions of others will instead.
Seriously. Why are people making a big fuss about the name?
ITS JUST A NAME! Its not defining its hardware or what its capable of.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
Why Nintendo??????!!!!! Have you not learned from the 3DS????!!!!!! Don't keep the same name! People won't buy it! To me it just looks like an add on the the Wii... And i really hope we can use GC controllers for some REAL gaming.
I don't understand why people won't buy it because it's named "Wii U" I certainly would buy it if it has good games.

I will as well. But what I'm saying is, with the 3DS, many people I know IRL seem to think it's just an upgrade of the normal DS. I predict the same with this "Nah, i won't buy it, it's the same as the Wii" UNLESS they market the ACTUAL CONSOLE (picture earlier) well, in which case people will see.
Every console and handheld is an upgrade of the original. So yes they are right.
What he means is if they keep the name of the previous console and add onto it (without a number like DS 2 or Wii 2) then people will think it's an add-on or revision, just like what happened with the 3DS.
But that is what it is. I mean, look at the sony. PS1, PS2, PS3. All sold well, and they kept "Playstation" Through and through with just adding 2 and 3.
Exactly, people notice they are the next console because they have numbers. The Wii U dios admittedly sound like an add-on, and the 3DS just sounds like another revision, not a major next generation console like PS1 to PS2, which are notable for their numeric endings and thus people instantly now it's the next iteration and not the next revision.

But that doesn't make much sense, if they were known for there numeric endings, why didn't they just name the ps vita the psp 2? Really, if people are going to make such a big fuss over names, then why buy the console in the first place?
We don't care about the name because we like it or not, we care about the names because if it is named like 3DS, other, less informed people will misunderstand and not by the system.
I'm not talking about we, I'm talking about other people. I think if people have enough sense they'll look it up and see it's a console.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
KrimsoN111 said:
Well, all-and-all, nintendo did good...but didn't really bring it. i feel like they won by default because they are the only one that had a new console.
maybe 7/10...also no wii games, so we have nothing nintendo to play(3DS aside)until 2012.

Um...what?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KrimsoN111 said:
Well, all-and-all, nintendo did good...but didn't really bring it. i feel like they won by default because they are the only one that had a new console.
maybe 7/10...also no wii games, so we have nothing nintendo to play(3DS aside)until 2012.
Did you miss the sony conference?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TwinRetro said:
KrimsoN111 said:

Um...what?
Someone forgot about the PS Vita lol.

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
the new zelda they showed looking fu***** awesome bring that shit out now, and the controller is the console i think brilliant....oh yeah nintendo won e3.
It wasn't a new Zelda.

And yes, they did.

ok mr nintendo it was zelda, so im hoping it will be there at launch....that's always hoping

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario party 9 is a WII title and is widescreen.. no bs side bars this time

Wii_MarioParty_7_scrn07_E3.png

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Because it's named so similarly to the Wii.
People will misunderstand and think "it's just a fancy controller, waste of money"
Hell, even I thought it was a Wii accessory it wasn't until after the conference that I found out it was an actual new console, Nintendo didn't drive home that it was a new console they just talked about how exciting the prospect of a screen in a controller is and showed the new features off.

KrimsoN111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
TwinRetro said:
KrimsoN111 said:

Um...what?
Uh...the vita's not exactly new, we saw it before.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:
People will misunderstand and think "it's just a fancy controller, waste of money"
Hell, even I thought it was a Wii accessory it wasn't until after the conference it was an actual new console, Nintendo didn't drive home that it was a new console they just talked about how exciting the prospect of a screen in a controller is and showed the new features off.
Well, PS2 and PS3 sounds the same except the number at the end?
Wii-U.. I dont see why people would misunderstand?

@KrimsoN111
It is announced at the E3?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U Can Use EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES!!

The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its
memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible
with Wii games and Wii accessories.

per the press kit

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KrimsoN111 said:
Tanveer said:
TwinRetro said:
KrimsoN111 said:

Um...what?
Uh...the vita's not exactly new, we saw it before.
Ummm, how?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:
Hell, even I thought it was a Wii accessory it wasn't until after the conference it was an actual new console, Nintendo didn't drive home that it was a new console they just talked about how exciting the prospect of a screen in a controller is and showed the new features off.
Well, PS2 and PS3 sounds the same except the number at the end?
Wii-U.. I dont see why people would misunderstand?
Trust me, you don't know how many people I know think the 3DS is just "The 3D one" (their exact words). That's why they don't buy it.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Overall the show was all over the place. They didnt even show the console it is leading to at least 4 pages of confusion on this very topic.

There were a LOT of portsfrom 360/PS3. Which makes me think whether the Wii-U is a next gen console or a current gen console

3DS Showing was particularly poor overall, with only hints of greatness, but these were very small hints.

They didnt announce the price which is incredibly stupid.

The Wii U looks like an amazing piece of tech but what is there apart from the controller that really will pull in PS3/360 owners? It looks like it's going to be very expensive.

IMO PSVita/PS3 showing > Wii U/3DS Showing.

The games on the Vita do look good and it looks like there are some good third party companies coming but theres a lot to be skeptical about. When the Wii was initially announced there wasn't a lot to be skeptical about except graphics. But the Wii U has so that could go wrong.

Nintendo will end up competing with their own handheld market at this rate. What were they thinking releasing the 3DS? Why couldn't they just wait? And there's a lack of synergy between their products right now, they should have cleared that up...

Hopefully Nintendo knows what it's doing but they really are shaky with this one. They didnt win E3, no one did (well Microsoft certainly didnt lol), they needed to be a bit more organised.

EDIT: Also Wii U isn't a great name, it makes it sound like an add on like the Move and Kinect, not it's own platform...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh