Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:
Seriously. Why are people making a big fuss about the name?
ITS JUST A NAME! Its not defining its hardware or what its capable of.
Because it's named so similarly to the Wii.
People will misunderstand and think "it's just a fancy controller, waste of money"
Hell, even I thought it was a Wii accessory it wasn't until after the conference it was an actual new console, Nintendo didn't drive home that it was a new console they just talked about how exciting the prospect of a screen in a controller is and showed the new features off.
Well, PS2 and PS3 sounds the same except the number at the end?
Wii-U.. I dont see why people would misunderstand?
Trust me, you don't know how many people I know think the 3DS is just "The 3D one" (their exact words). That's why they don't buy it.

Well, they are right. It is the 3d Ds.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
They did say you could use the balance board with just the remote, so I guess all Wii controllers will work using the Wii-u controller as a screen.
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the name?! When 'Playstation' was first announced people thought it was a creche or something. And 'X-Box'?! Sounds like something that USED to be a box, and now isn't.
I love the name WiiU.

To anyone outside of Britain complaining, Wii* is what we do in the lavatory (i.e 'piss'). If we coped with a console called Piss then I'm sure you can survive WiiU. Anyway WiiU sounds more Japanese and less like something we do in the lavatory.
biggrin.gif

*It is spelt wee, but pronunciation is identical.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
KrimsoN111 said:
Tanveer said:
TwinRetro said:
KrimsoN111 said:
Well, all-and-all, nintendo did good...but didn't really bring it. i feel like they won by default because they are the only one that had a new console.
maybe 7/10...also no wii games, so we have nothing nintendo to play(3DS aside)until 2012.

Um...what?
Someone forgot about the PS Vita lol.
Uh...the vita's not exactly new, we saw it before.

Just because we "saw" it before, it doesn't mean it's not a new console. Your logic is very flawed.

We also knew about the WiiU besides the name. Does that mean it's not a new console? please.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tanveer said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
smile72 said:
Hope Nintendo will change the name because parents are stupid, they won't buy this for their kids, if they think it's just an add on to the Wii. Wii U, sucks anyway. And the design of the controller is so poor.

dont buy it then millions of others will instead.
It's not that black and white, mate.

A name makes a big part of the reputation and the worse you make it, the harder it gets for the audience to overcome that first impression. I bet the name "wheee" made a large part of the reputation of it being a kiddy console.

Also: I'll most likely get one anyway, but I be damned if I'm going to try to convince my friends to get one if it has a ridiculous name like that.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:
People will misunderstand and think "it's just a fancy controller, waste of money"
Hell, even I thought it was a Wii accessory it wasn't until after the conference it was an actual new console, Nintendo didn't drive home that it was a new console they just talked about how exciting the prospect of a screen in a controller is and showed the new features off.
Trust me, you don't know how many people I know think the 3DS is just "The 3D one" (their exact words). That's why they don't buy it.
Let people think whatever they think?
Unless they trial it or see it for themselves they wont know.
You and I know the difference and thats good enough. WE dont work for nintendo, so if they are doing something to confuse majority of the consumers, let them have it their way?

adamshinoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I concern about what media format of WiiU will be. DVD like Wii? or a Nintendo-propietary format system like Gamecube's miniDVD?
well whatever it is, hope it will not fail hard like sony bluray lol

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:

No, it's a Nintendo 3-Dimensional System. It's not a Nintendo Dual Screen, though it does have them.

Honestly, I like the name, but this could lead to trouble for Nintendo.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launches: 2012
Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button
controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional
barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the
video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home
button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a
built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo
speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.
Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once.
The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the
Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance
Board™.
Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density
optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI,
component, S-video and composite.
Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its
memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible
with Wii games and Wii accessories.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:

No, it's a Nintendo 3-Dimensional System. It's not a Nintendo Dual Screen, though it does have them.
I know that, what I meant was it's just a ds with 3d.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wever said:
Tanveer said:
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
smile72 said:
Hope Nintendo will change the name because parents are stupid, they won't buy this for their kids, if they think it's just an add on to the Wii. Wii U, sucks anyway. And the design of the controller is so poor.

dont buy it then millions of others will instead.
It's not that black and white, mate.

A name makes a big part of the reputation and the worse you make it, the harder it gets for the audience to overcome that first impression. I bet the name "wheee" made a large part of the reputation of it being a kiddy console.

Also: I'll most likely get one anyway, but I be damned if I'm going to try to convince my friends to get one if it has a ridiculous name like that.
How did the Wii start?
Not too well huh? people made big fuz about the name, and where are we now?

Anyone making fun of the name?

It wasnt the "wheee" that made people buy it.. it was just a interactive family console to start with and attracted both kids and adults.

KrimsoN111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro stop getting defensive, dude...
dry.gif
I'm giving my opinion, and I'm simply saying that this is the first time i saw wii u in action. so it impressed me a little more then seeing vita again. so in my opinion, CONFERENCE-wise nintendo kinda won.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Something about Wii U sounds more like a peripheral. Like Wii Speak or Wii Play. People are going to think this is a controller unless they market the shit out of it as a new console.
When you have PS2 and PS3 the number instantly suggests it's a new version, to me at least I don't know about you.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:

You must specify. I stated both the 3DS and DS names. a Nintendo DS, last generation's system, it's full name is Nintendo Dual Screen. The 3DS, the current generation system, it's full name is 3-Dimensional System. It is not a Nintendo Dual Screen so it is not a DS. The "DS" in 3DS is not interchangeable with the "DS" in Nintendo Dual Screen. Thus, a 3DS is a 3DS and not a DS. Nothing less, nothing more.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:
Something about Wii U sounds more like a peripheral. Like Wii Speak or Wii Play. People are going to think this is a controller unless they market the shit out of it as a new console.
When you have PS2 and PS3 the number instantly suggests it's a new version, to me at least I don't know about you.

I totally agree, this is what I've been trying to say the whole time. They better market it well.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
DeadLocked said:
Tanveer said:

You must specify. I stated both the 3DS and DS names. a Nintendo DS, last generation's system, it's full name is Nintendo Dual Screen. The 3DS, the current generation system, it's full name is 3-Dimensional System. It is not a Nintendo Dual Screen so it is not a DS. The "DS" in 3DS is not interchangeable with the "DS" in Nintendo Dual Screen. Thus, a 3DS is a 3DS and not a DS. Nothing less, nothing more.
Alright, alright. It's just the way they look that makes me think that. They both look the same, each have dual screens, it's just that the 3ds has 3d. That's what I think. I know it's new console, but it's just an another ds with more stuff to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: