E3 2011 Conferences

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope Nintendo will change the name because parents are stupid, they won't buy this for their kids, if they think it's just an add on to the Wii. Wii U, sucks anyway. And the design of the controller is so poor.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So Smash Bros. on a handheld? Now that's a first timer! Great news for the fans, I never liked the series that much myself but great news for them!

Hopefully that game will show the online capabilities of the 3DS for the first time!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
Why Nintendo??????!!!!! Have you not learned from the 3DS????!!!!!! Don't keep the same name! People won't buy it! To me it just looks like an add on the the Wii... And i really hope we can use GC controllers for some REAL gaming.
I don't understand why people won't buy it because it's named "Wii U" I certainly would buy it if it has good games.

I will as well. But what I'm saying is, with the 3DS, many people I know IRL seem to think it's just an upgrade of the normal DS. I predict the same with this "Nah, i won't buy it, it's the same as the Wii" UNLESS they market the ACTUAL CONSOLE (picture earlier) well, in which case people will see.
Every console and handheld is an upgrade of the original. So yes they are right.

no, i mean people didn't buy 3DS as they think it's same gen (DS > Ds lite > DSi.......)
this is basically what i'm saying:
QUOTE(smile72 @ Jun 7 2011, 06:35 PM)
Hope Nintendo will change the name because parents are stupid, they won't buy this for their kids, if they think it's just an add on to the Wii. Wii U, sucks anyway. And the design of the controller is so poor.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
Why Nintendo??????!!!!! Have you not learned from the 3DS????!!!!!! Don't keep the same name! People won't buy it! To me it just looks like an add on the the Wii... And i really hope we can use GC controllers for some REAL gaming.
I don't understand why people won't buy it because it's named "Wii U" I certainly would buy it if it has good games.

I will as well. But what I'm saying is, with the 3DS, many people I know IRL seem to think it's just an upgrade of the normal DS. I predict the same with this "Nah, i won't buy it, it's the same as the Wii" UNLESS they market the ACTUAL CONSOLE (picture earlier) well, in which case people will see.
Every console and handheld is an upgrade of the original. So yes they are right.
What he means is if they keep the name of the previous console and add onto it (without a number like DS 2 or Wii 2) then people will think it's an add-on or revision, just like what happened with the 3DS.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good conference over all but it was imo too much future-talk (which normal Nintendo doesn`t do as much) and some games like Paper Mario 3D and such were missing.

Also very disappointing that there is nearly nothing for Wii announced! Where is Last Story
frown.gif
At least we European (and pirates
tongue.gif
) get Xenoblade...

LuigisMansion2, SuperMario3D and Kid Icarus really stood out though. All three looked phenomenal.

But ZeldaSS is still my most wanted. I hope they`ll have a new demo on the show floor!

Nintendo: 8/10

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
get used to the name :/
the name is not what makes you play lol.

i demand more info!
Are we gonna be able to use classic controller? because that controller is just not for me!

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanveer said:

i demand more info!
Are we gonna be able to use classic controller? because that controller is just not for me!

I like the controller but i must admit they should have put the right side analog under the buttons

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shadowlurker said:
Tanveer said:

i demand more info!

I like the controller but i must admit they should have put the right side analog under the buttons
thats exactly my problem.
+
its a huge o.O

not too comfortable for LONG gameplays... lol

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:

What he means is if they keep the name of the previous console and add onto it (without a number like DS 2 or Wii 2) then people will think it's an add-on or revision, just like what happened with the 3DS.
But that is what it is. I mean, look at the sony. PS1, PS2, PS3. All sold well, and they kept "Playstation" Through and through with just adding 2 and 3.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Satangel said:
Don't like the name and the design of the controller. The games are excellent though!
Yes, really impressed with the games.
How am I gonna play them though o.o.

Like I said, I hope classic controllers are supported.

They should be. They stated all Wii accessories are supported. Now if they allow me to plug in the classic controller directly to the "new" controller rather than tethered to a wiimote...

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jiggah said:
Tanveer said:
Satangel said:
Don't like the name and the design of the controller. The games are excellent though!
Yes, really impressed with the games.
How am I gonna play them though o.o.

Like I said, I hope classic controllers are supported.

They should be. They stated all Wii accessories are supported. Now if they allow me to plug in the classic controller directly to the "new" controller rather than tethered to a wiimote...
That would be awsome! We could use that screen as a mini-tv and use classic controller to play lol.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:

But that is what it is. I mean, look at the sony. PS1, PS2, PS3. All sold well, and they kept "Playstation" Through and through with just adding 2 and 3.
Exactly, people notice they are the next console because they have numbers. The Wii U dios admittedly sound like an add-on, and the 3DS just sounds like another revision, not a major next generation console like PS1 to PS2, which are notable for their numeric endings and thus people instantly now it's the next iteration and not the next revision.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
They did say you could use the balance board with just the remote, so I guess all Wii controllers will work using the Wii-u controller as a screen.
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the name?! When 'Playstation' was first announced people thought it was a creche or something. And 'X-Box'?! Sounds like something that USED to be a box, and now isn't.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:
KirbyBoy said:
Wizerzak said:

Exactly, people notice they are the next console because they have numbers. The Wii U dios admittedly sound like an add-on, and the 3DS just sounds like another revision, not a major next generation console like PS1 to PS2, which are notable for their numeric endings and thus people instantly now it's the next iteration and not the next revision.

But that doesn't make much sense, if they were known for there numeric endings, why didn't they just name the ps vita the psp 2? Really, if people are going to make such a big fuss over names, then why buy the console in the first place?

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile72 said:

dont buy it then millions of others will instead.

KrimsoN111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all-and-all, nintendo did good...but didn't really bring it. i feel like they won by default because they are the only one that had a new console.
maybe 7/10...also no wii games, so we have nothing nintendo to play(3DS aside)until 2012.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup