DX NDS (original) cases , any good?.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Armadillo, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Armadillo
    OP

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    My original DS has seen better days [​IMG] , it still works fine , but the case doesn't look so good any more , it has various scuffs and scratches all over it. So I've seen replacement cases on dealextreme http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5128. So I'm thinking after Christmas I might grab one.

How ever , are they any good?. Any one got one , impressions ?. Looked around and can't really find any reviews on them , only the user comments on the site itself and a odd comment on forums. Some people say great , just a pain to fit , others say they are crap.

Exchange rate at the moment , makes them very cheap £3.50 [​IMG].

So anyone got one?.

Thanks [​IMG].

2. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Yes. The plastic is very slightly softer than the original shell, but the build quality and feel are great.

3. Armadillo
    OP

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Nice , think I'll grab one after Christmas then [​IMG]. They do come with the plastic top screen cover right? , as some pics show without it , but I assume it just isn't fitted and you have to stick it on your self?.

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA

Yeah, it comes with it, just as you thought. My brother bought a red one to fix my nephew's old DS.

It even comes with a fake UPC sticker for the bottom of the unit and the Nintendo logo for the top.

5. Armadillo
    OP

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG] Fake stickers. Thanks , seems these will do perfect for my ds then [​IMG].