Hacking DVDx On 4.0

  • Thread starter Thread starter CIJC
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,914
  • Replies Replies 9

CIJC

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
463
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
132
Country
Could anyone please explain to me what i have to do, now im on 4.0.

I have preloader, and cioscorp.

How do i install dvdx?

thankyou
biggrin.gif
 
Did you upgrade using Waninkokos or another Updater other than the original way?
If you have homebrew channel install, just look for DVDx boot.dol file, then run it using the HombrewChannel.
I already had it install before I updated, but should install if you updated without all the patches.
Theres a possibility that it might not work tho depending on what you did.
 
TroyTheZombie said:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DVDX

use the 3.4 one.

What about if one wants to use USB2.0 and needs the 'advanced' option to select ISO202?

This is from the mplayerce 0.5 README.txt
QUOTEUSB 2.0:
You need to install the USB 2.0 cIOS from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_usb2
You must then then reinstall DVDX http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DVDx using advanced
mode and selecting IOS202. Even if you don't plan on playing DVDs this is
necessary for MPlayer CE to detect if the cIOS is installed.

Users with system menu 3.4 or higher will not be able to use USB2.0 with
MPlayerCE because the DVDx installer for 3.4 does not have an advanced mode.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.

I've been wanting to ask about this since I want to watch some video, but wasn't sure how to safely get back to where I can install DVDX with the IOS202 option.

I assume I have to get back to 3.2, install ISO202 and DVD 3.2 version with the advanced option and then get back to 4.0.

Also have preloader 0.29 so I wasn't sure how to do all of this with that installed also.

Anyway, is there a safe way to do this?
 
Knyaz Vladimir said:
If you have updated through Waninkoko's updater, then you can easily install DVDx 3.4, which I have tested and it worked fine. Yes, I downloaded it AFTER updating to 4.0

Did you test with USB2.0? I can install it, but the problem is getting it to see IOS202 for the USB2.0 support.
 

Site & Scene News