Hacking DVDX maybe still in handy?

ground

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi,

I tried to start ftpii for a while, but every time i got a error. So i searched a lot on the internet, and by some it worked with DVDX installed. So after installing IOS36V1042 and run Hackmii v0.6. I installed DVDX and..... FTPII worked!.

So was there another solution for this problem or is DVDX still in handy? And is there more homebrew that requires DVDX this way?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
AHBPROT = DVDX.

DVDX is just an old method of getting ahold of the exact same hardware access, which has now been replaced with AHBPROT. DVDX is useless. FTPii just got abandoned and wasn't updated to detect the hardware access properly. You can either use the updated version linked above or use the FTP server functionality built into WiiXplorer.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:
AHBPROT = DVDX.

DVDX is just an old method of getting ahold of the exact same hardware access, which has now been replaced with AHBPROT. DVDX is useless. FTPii just got abandoned and wasn't updated to detect the hardware access properly. You can either use the updated version linked above or use the FTP server functionality built into WiiXplorer.
A third option is to get a hold of an older copy of the HackMii Installer, Hackmii Installer v0.6 to be exact, and use it to install the last DVDX version, DVDX v2. If you have SM 4.2/4.3 make sure that you apply the No-Delete HAXX,JODI,DVDX,DISC,DISK,RZDx Patch using a SM patcher like PriiLoader or StartPatch. I myself have done this for the sole reason of keeping the latest official release of FTPii v0.0.21 working as a backup as WiiXplorer sometimes gets moody.

Finding an old copy of the HackMii Installer is the hardest part as the developers have a thing against hosting older versions. This is why I always keep an archive of everything I use along with a log file of all changes I make to my Wii. This is just a third option that is often overlooked. Niether better nor worse than the other options in my opinion. It really comes down to what floats your boat..er Wii...whatev...you get the idea.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...