Gaming dvd rom woe's

Temperal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently was trying to use my dvd rom to install printer software. Everytime i put the cd in it kicks it out. A window pops up that says. please insert disc into drive D: (my rom drive). Below it has a link to help me chose a disc. Clicking on this leads me to a window talking about what formats of discs are able to be burned. Now I am not trying to burn anything. I haven't burned a disc in a long time. It seems that the drive is stuck on the windows burn disc for some reason. Does anyone have any info on how to fix this? If so thank you very much.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The drive could be going bad. Does it still read CDs? If not it's likely already shot (the "burn a disc" dialogue is the default windows action when it can't detect a disc), but if so it may just be on it's way, as DVDs are harder to read than CDs so DVD-reading ability usually drops off first.

Also check the disc in another computer and all that jazz.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
my DVD/CD RW is been dead for almost 6 years.
in fact I never use anything which read/copy from an optic to a magnetic chip/disk

Solution?
forget about your disk and start looking driver on the net. save it on your flashdrive/hdd/microsd and install it from there.
Even I'm using my Flashdrive to install OS on any computer which support USB Booting.
what you need to know is your printer model, and OS you're using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: