Hacking dvd read error 349

  • Thread starter Thread starter haru3173
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,684
  • Replies Replies 2

haru3173

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
231
Country
United States
I just got homebrew channel working and no problems but when I try to load a backup game I always get the 349 error. I tried running Zelda:TP (original copy) through backup launcher and it works. I'm using nero and dvd+r for burning. Also, I might try and get an external hard drive tomorrow. Will that work as a usb loader? Thanks
 
You don't NEED dvdx for that do you? I remember having that error on mine before because I didn't realize that the cios rev7 installer I ran didn't actually install properly because I needed to run the ios downgrader first. Then after running the rev7 installer again it installed properly and everything worked fine. So yea you should be fine just running cios installer rev9 or 10.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Think that guide should cover anything you need.

Edit: And if you are getting an external hard drive then you might as well just use a usb loader
Tutorial on setup needed for that:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144349

More recent usb loaders you could use:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148759
 

Site & Scene News