PS1/2 DVD games

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,988
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted User

OP
I have slim ps2 with Matrix infinty V1.99 and burned the backup with imgburn 4x and dvd-r 16x when I put the disk it says pls insert a ps2 game or formatted ps2 disc but I can run the freedvdboot dvd pls help

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I believe you need to ESR patch the ISO before burning it to a disc.

Edit: I'd suggest setting up FMCB if possible and use OPL to stream the games from your computer via the network, it'll save you the hassle of burning discs.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
THE RULES N1 OF GBATEMP: NEVER MENTION YOU ARE PIRATE
RULE N2: KEEP IN MIND THE RULE N1!

P.s. the iso need to be patched before u burn into disk.

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you need to ESR patch the ISO before burning it to a disc.

Edit: I'd suggest setting up FMCB if possible and use OPL to stream the games from your computer via the network, it'll save you the hassle of burning discs.
OPL compatibility is built into Matrix Infinity, no need for Free McBoot.

D

Deleted User

OP
can i guys tell me any patcher to use other than esr patcher pls ?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Another type of patching has been discovered, but I don't know if there's yet a tool to make it easy.
https://cturt.github.io/freedvdboot.html

Still, patches should be unnecessary with a modchip. The chip is supposed to let burnt games automatically play when inserted.
Have you verified the Matrix Infinity is installed correctly and works?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should use verbatim if you not. v1.99 = clone. the highest matrix infinity firmware is 1.93. clones almost always have 1.99. installing official firmware will brick the system. I had an infinity in my first ps2 slim, then switched to a clone, since they stopped making the infinities in like 2007. it's almost impossible to find one now that isn't a clone.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
If I use verbatim will make the dvd work ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just want to make the DVD games work

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly unless something is wrong with the laser or modchip. I've had some lesser known brands do the same thing with my modchip, even when it was new. I've never had a failed verbatim though. TDK, Verbatim, and Taiyo Yuden are all good brands for the ps2. I think only verbatim still exists while the other two were bought out by other companies.

D

Deleted User

OP
When I used the the freedvdboot it worked but when I used the backup it didnt work so I dont know what is wrong with my mod chip plus it saves settings

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. my original ps2 and modchip lasted about 12 years, then one day I couldn't boot anything including retail discs. I bought a new system about 2-3 years ago. I don't play it often, but everything but a backup of mega man anniversary collection works and fast too.

mm anniversary collection has heavy skipping on the opening. for some weird reason, a newly burned disc works a few times, then stops working. I thought it might need a pot adjustment, but that does seem doubtful if it's just that one game. I bought the retail disc, and it works 100% on there. one thing I have found with the ps2 is that almost every ps2 has a problematic game or two that refuses to work correctly. my original ps2 would read mega man x3 almost every time as a music disc. you can play the game tracks in a cd player, which might've confused it. this new ps2 has no issues with it including skipping, which my old ps2 would do quite a bit with the game (if it loaded). I was thinking about just soft modding the system, but I have like 300-400 discs. I tested a couple of those, and they booted right up. most of my burns are on tdk, verbatim, or taiyo yuden, but I do have some on sony discs. sony discs are average. I once bought a spindle of 100 of them, and 10 were duds on the old ps2.

D

Deleted User

OP
The disc reader on PS2 consoles (especially the launch ones) were very unreliable so you're better off just loading the games via HDD/USB.

If I had to burn the ISOs to DVDs, I'd just buy the actual games, then.

D

Deleted User

OP
This why I need dvd usb legs and mine is slim it doesnt have hdd so I dont know what to do

Last edited by ,

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This why I need dvd usb legs and mine is slim it doesnt have hdd so I dont know what to do
If FreeDVDBoot works, why not just use that. Why do you need patches?
Also, you can get less lag by using samba SMB network through the ethernet port, but you need to connect it to your PC or a Raspberry Pi.

If I use verbatim will make the dvd work ?

I just want to make the DVD games work
It's just that Verbatim Ultralife seem to be the most reliable CD/DVD. It may or may not be the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho