Hacking Dustcover Mod

Cubewood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was bored so I was trying to get my G6-Lite in my black dustcover, here is the result:

g6lite4.JPG

Needed to use the Navy Blue back from g6-lite because its a little bit longer then the the one from the Dustcover.

g6lite3.JPG

g6lite2.JPG

g6lite.JPG

compi_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am going to try this with my supercard Lite when it arrives, because I have a black ds lite and the Supercard lite is white

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you please post a clear photo of the navy blue G6 lite you have in your black DS?You said you changed the covers,is it needed?isn't the navy color very close to black?
Is this an English G6?If it was,can you show us the english interface?

Cubewood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
g6litenavyblue.JPG

Its not that noticeable really, but I just love my Black DSL
tongue.gif

And its a Chineese g6-Lite so cant make a pic of the english interface sorry.

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think I'll just try and see if I can paint the white cover black. If that doesnt't work out good, I'll just use the navy one. With my luck and skills I'm sure I'd just break the g6 if I tried to do that dust cover mod. But nice lookin mod anyway

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please post a clear photo of the navy blue G6 lite you have in your black DS?You said you changed the covers,is it needed?isn't the navy color very close to black?
Is this an English G6?If it was,can you show us the english interface?
hmm if thats the navy blue i guess i got a black one after all. btw its a chinese version. ill take pics
Edit:
here they are

Child Abuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking about moding my case too.

where's the best/cheapest place to buy a tri-wing screwdriver for the back of the dust cover?

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about doing this even though I have a white DS Lite just so it was the same kind of white as the case (white with clear over it) and my G6 Lite doesn't line up PERFECTLY, heh.

jnguyen822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did this mod last week to my original white gba dust cover because to me the g6 white gloss finish looks tacky. there is no way you can do it solely with the original casing. you have to use the backside of the g6 lite case joined together with the original. dremel tool seems to work really well too

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be doing this to mine (when Divineo USA gets off ther damn asses and ships it) and I'll post my pics. I took apart my dust cover and it looks like I'm going to use an x-acto knife or scalpel to remove the innards. You can also buy replacement dust covers from Nintedo. Go here and click on the DS Lite section. It's right on the next page and costs a mere $3.

Someone also asked about the triwing screwdriver. I just bought one from Play Asia for $5.50 including shipping. Amazon also has one. I got it because I'm repainting my GBA SP and putting in a blue power LED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1