damnet

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I was very excited about this one, the thought of having a diablo like game on my DS was a very welcoming one, but then I watched the official trailer... man those are some damn ugly animations and effects, just terrible... I mean even diablo, a fricking 10 year old game has better animations and effects than that.. seriously.. I am sure the DS can do far better.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree that it looks a bit bland, but there surprisingly isn't a single traditional dungeon crawler available on DS and I'm craving for one so I'm happy that there's something. Gameplay wise it looks good.

damnet

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh?

I think it looks alright. I'd play it.

oh come on, look at about 00:57 in the trailer, or that guy pushing the barrels... it looks somewhat sluggish... and that can kill gameplay, also that effect of what I think is a spell with the purple rays going in 4 directions, it just doesn't blend with the rest of the scene, its ' s a very bland sprite... if you take a screen shot of that moment it will look like some really bad photoshoped pic, well dunno, could turn out to be good hands on.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh come on, look at about 00:57 in the trailer, or that guy pushing the barrels... it looks somewhat sluggish... and that can kill gameplay, also that effect of what I think is a spell with the purple rays going in 4 directions, it just doesn't blend with the rest of the scene, its ' s a very bland sprite... if you take a screen shot of that moment it will look like some really bad photoshoped pic, well dunno, could turn out to be good hands on.

Well, the character animation does seem to be pretty fragmented, but again, it's hard to tell what the finished product will be like. That video, itself, is such low-quality.

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
I agree that it looks a bit bland, but there surprisingly isn't a single traditional dungeon crawler available on DS and I'm craving for one so I'm happy that there's something.
Etrian Odyssey was a pretty traditional crawler, and I have yet to play the nds version of powder, but the GBA one was great. This one does look pretty nice though. If it has at least an area with random dungeon and an online party questing thing, that would be really all it takes to make it something that never leaves the DS.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree that it looks a bit bland, but there surprisingly isn't a single traditional dungeon crawler available on DS and I'm craving for one so I'm happy that there's something.
I dunno, Etrian Odyssey seemed pretty traditional to me. This one does look pretty nice though. If it has at least an area with random dungeon and an online party questing thing, that would be really all it takes to make it something that never leaves the DS.
My bad, by dungeon crawler I meant diablo clone. And I also think it looks nice gameplay wise, but it does look somewhat unpolished graphics wise.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I see what you mean, the movements almost looks like they're made for GBA, but with effects for the DS. Look at when the character is attacking, man it almost looks better on Baldurs gate: Dark Alliance for GBA.

That reminds me of how good that game really is! got to play it again some time
smile.gif

damnet

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't tell me about bad graphics.

I enjoyed Dark Alliance on the GBA.

actually the gfx are quite nice(well except for some of those effects) what's kinda fishy are the animations... they don't quite "blend " to the nice gfx, it's hard to explain...

reapermanI dunno, Etrian Odyssey seemed pretty traditional to me. This one does look pretty nice though. If it has at least an area with random dungeon and an online party questing thing, that would be really all it takes to make it something that never leaves the DS.

A yes, powder is quite awesome, it's a great rogue-like, but what I want is a great Diablo-like
tongue.gif
, even though some might say that diablo is a rogue like we have to agree that they're are pretty far apart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...