OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
GameSpot cornered Nintendo's Cammie Dunaway in a dimly lit back room at yesterday's Nintendo Media Summit and pried loose some information about the Wii's eventual successor. It would seem Nintendo is aiming for PlayStation 2 levels of success with the Wii, which means it'll be around for quite some time before being ousted by a follow-up system.

"I don't think it'll be anytime soon," she said. "Even though our install base is, at this point, five million households larger than the PS2 install base was at the same point in its life cycle, it still has a lot of room to grow. If you think PS2, there's been about 50 million sold -- Wii close to 28 million sold -- so it says to me there's still a big audience out there that we can access with Wii." In a less oblique fashion, she added: "We'll have it ready when we think the time is right."

Source

I know there's been a lot of discussion about a follow-up to the Wii soon, but Cammie thinks otherwise. I wish I had a little more confirmation than Cammie-gal's thoughts, I'd hate to have to pony up a few hundred bucks again for a next gen system already. Then again, I guess it's more wait for NMH3.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D'aaaaawwww.
I wanted Wii HD.
frown.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All they need to do is release Zelda Wii 2 in 2011 and that'll give it another year of life. The Grinder is also set for a 2011 release (although I don't think anyone cares about this game anymore, at least I lost all hope for it).

But, they're probably just trying to build hype by "randomly" announcing the Wii 2 and have Ninty fans jizz themselves with shock.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't care about a successor right now, why would i want to spend all that money on a new console, i only bought mine in 2008 so it be nice if it were supported till at least 2012

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryan90 said:
Don't care about a successor right now, why would i want to spend all that money on a new console, i only bought mine in 2008 so it be nice if it were supported till at least 2012

It'll probably gain some PS2-like status in ways of support; it'll have software released for it for a long time but it's lifespan of good games will end much earlier than that. 2011 will probably be the last year of good software, the rest will be shovelware or shitty versions of multiplatform games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1