Dumping Savegame cartridge

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FfReAk, Aug 16, 2018.

1. FfReAk
    OP

FfReAk Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    United States
    Hi,

I would like to know a way to dump a savegame of my Pokemon usum games. How can this be done? I use Gateway with emunand. I tried to use savedatafiler in the cia version. I have no homebrew channel working. To load my games, I just boot into gateway mode, press select and use my usum Roms.

When I try to backup the save from my original copy of Pokemon ultra sun, the cartride is not recognized in gateway mode and not in classic mode, too.

When I'm in the normal sysnand, I can see the original cartride but I'm not able to load savedatafiler.

I would like to dump the save from my original Pokemon game, edit it on pc with pkhex and inject it back in the original cartride.

Do you have any ideas on how to do this?

2. FfReAk
    OP

FfReAk Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    United States
    Aditional information: I am on version 4.5.0-10E and emunand GW3D 11.6.0-39E

3. bungboi

bungboi GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    It would definitely be a great start to move over to Luma and use JKSMK, especially if you don't have the Homebrew Launcher.

FfReAk likes this.
  4. FfReAk
    OP

FfReAk Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    United States
    Can I do this on my current firmware 4.5? Or would I do this in the emunand?

I'm not very into hacking on 3ds. Until now I only used Gateway

5. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    on your gateway system follow this...
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
    backup all your save games using this method

then when you change over to using pure Luma CFW you will be able to import your save games

6. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    More specifically, after doing what Hunter said, follow 3ds.hacks.guide to install CFW (yes 4.5 can be hacked)