Emulation Hardware Dumping N64 Save to GameShark Smart Card?

Avellea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all. Is this something I can do?

I picked up a copy of Doubutsu no Mori today. The save file is loaded to the brim. 4 residents, train station trophies, fully upgraded houses and shop, etc. I want to figure out a way to dump JUST the save. I have a GameShark 2.0 with a Smart Card reader on it. Is it possible to dump the save to a blank card, then read the card on my PC?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all. Is this something I can do?

I picked up a copy of Doubutsu no Mori today. The save file is loaded to the brim. 4 residents, train station trophies, fully upgraded houses and shop, etc. I want to figure out a way to dump JUST the save. I have a GameShark 2.0 with a Smart Card reader on it. Is it possible to dump the save to a blank card, then read the card on my PC?
I could be wrong but I don’t think that functionality was ever implemented by InterAct..

Do you have a photo of this device slot?

Avellea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong but I don’t think that functionality was ever implemented by InterAct..

Do you have a photo of this device slot?
Here's a photo of the back. After googling it for a second, it looks like this hardware was never implemented, like you said.
N64_GameShark_v1.04_-_shell_back.png
N64_GameShark_v2.1_-_PCB_back.png

Reactions: KiiWii

Avellea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I *think* the only option is a Dexdrive. (Along side a PC that can communicate with it).
I've seen people talk about using a whole cart dumper... I'd rather not go that route since they can get pretty pricey. I have no problem soldering a few wires to whatever chip stores the save and reading that back over some sort of USB adapter from Adafruit (If possible, of course.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1