1. unvaluablespace

OP unvaluablespace GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi guys I am trying to figure out how to dump my purchased and downloaded games from my Wii U onto my PC. I would like to also play these in CEMU. I was able to dump my Wii U discs with some help in the wudump thread, but not sure how to go about it with a game already installed on the system itself. Thanks

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    You can use ftpiiu everywhere to extract the unpacked ("loadiine format") game files from USB or MLC, and use NusPacker to convert them to a nonlegit* installable ("wupinstaller") format

* you can go the extra mile, dump the original ticket with Tik2SD and a little manual work, and use the original eShop ticket to make a legit-for-your-console dump

No such thing as a wud of a digital game!

3. unvaluablespace

United States
    Hey thanks for the heads up. ill give it a shot now, but do you know if there is a guide anywhere with instructions to make things easier?

4. Ryccardo

Italy
    Well, you connect to ftpiiu-everywhere with some FTP software on your computer, and go to this path (paying attention to not accidentally moving/deleting stuff):

/vol/
    storage_mlc/ OR storage_usb/ (depends on where you installed it)
    usr/title/
    {titleid-high}/ (you'll need to look up the titleid of your game. for regular applications, as opposed to updates, system apps, DLC... the titleid-high is 00050000)
    {titleid-low}/

Then just copy the 3 folders inside (code, content, meta) to an initially empty folder on your PC, and that's your Loadiine dump!

To convert them to a nonlegit installable dump, create another empty folder, and use NusPacker with a command line similar to this:
    java -jar nuspacker.jar -in {path to folder with code, content, meta} -out {path to empty folder} -encryptKeyWith D7B004{continue the wiiu common key}

No personal experience with dumping tickets... yet

5. unvaluablespace

United States
    ive got ftpii everywhere running and connected to ftp on my computer, but when i try to access any folder besides the sd card. i get a permissions error saying access denied....am i missing something?

6. Ryccardo

Italy
    Have you started a CFW first?
    Plus there are 2 versions of ftpiiu everywhere, one is for Mocha, the other for the minicfw of Haxchi/CBHC (and the fw.img-based ones aren't supported, afaik)

7. unvaluablespace

United States
    ITS WORKING ITS WORKING! :D thanks so much for being patient with me! Im kind of in a rush to do this, so I appreciate you working with me. I ran mocha cfw then ftpii everywhere and it is currently copying everything from the title folder in usr.

should i need to copy anything else from any other folders for any reason? i keep getting access denied errors with any of the "storage_odd" folders, and im not sure if i can copy the entirety of the "storage_mlc" or "storage_slc", as I got errors when trying to do that, so for now im just trying to copy the title folder where you said the games should be in. :)

8. Ryccardo

Italy
    Yeah, more than enough for games :)

If you really want everything (maybe just for looking and learning, without the risk of messing with the live copy? never a bad idea) there's a homebrew that just copies all 3 nands at a file level to your SD!
    (for a block-level backup, that you can restore with hardmod in the worst case, you'll have to create a rednand and backup it to your PC, then you can remove it from the SD, but this is another story)

all the "odd" partitions are for a physical disc, which you must mount first (after starting the cfw, make sure it appears in the wii u menu before launching the hbl and ftpiiu everywhere)

9. unvaluablespace

United States
    SO I kept running into problems trying to backup the games. It kept erroring out, and in one case told me it was going to take 24 hours lol. As I said before I didn't have much time. I got rid of my Wii U. I did manage to make a backup of all my Wii U saves though, so i at least have that, and honestly i only cared for two games on there. ill probably just wait until i can find a buddy with the two games on disc to backup if hell let me do it. lol. Thanks for all your help though. Much appreciated. I did this to myself by waiting last minute. lol

Mods please feel free to close or lock this thread, whatever it is you guys do. :)

10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    FTP is such a slow thing, i hope someone creates a file manager that can simply copy stuff to sd/usb and from sd/usb it be easier to install anything, even straight up mods to the games like smash bros. If anyone could make a file manager, i appreciate it. :mellow:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - dumping, system, memory