Dumping eShop (and DLC)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tubebar, Dec 3, 2014.

1. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I've spent most of the day trying to figure this one out, but no easy tuts I can find.

I started with: https://gbatemp.net/threads/patch-dlc-converter-sd-decryptor-guide-originally-by-tjexp.374048/ but it's a mess and confusing.

Then someone posted this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/

I managed to find Bigblue the SDK pack.

Basically the problem is everything is scattered all over the place and not found together, so if anyone can help me (here or in IRC) I would appreciate it.

I want to properly dump eshop, updates etc. (for backup purposes of course lol) and then give them some friends in case my house has a fire.

2. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Global:
    Everything before the packaging is the same.

For 3DSwares:
    Use SDto3DS python script instead of make_cia/makerom itself to package .3DS or .CIA. (You need not only .app.out but also .tmd.out)

For DLC:
    Find out the correct index and order of the DLC .apps. (by reading .tmd)
    Package the DLC with correct index and order.
    Use makerom but not make_cia to package it.

cearp, descac and octopus like this.
  3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ok cool, where can i find sdto3ds? is it in the decrypter void thread? i don't need to make any rsf file at all? it's ll automated?

4. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    SDto3DS (still need makerom)

cearp likes this.
  5. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Everything is the same as what? I have tried so many guides I am lost :( No matter what I do the end result is always the same.

1. NCCH Error and some Save Size when making CIA.
    2. After install CIA won't run get an error.

I guess I can try one of the guides and when I get to makerom part try using SD23DS but I am just not very hopeful anymore. I am getting tired of trying and seeing that same error.

6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i've told you, the error message is not inherently the problem. even if you specify it you will still get the save size error (at least, i did, i think)
    you might need to specify stacksize in the rsf (happened to me), you will have to ncch decrypt the file on the 3ds to find that value.

7. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I never did any rsf files not even sure what they are. None of th guides mentioned ncch decryption again wouldn't even know how to.

8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes well, you will need to tell makerom/whatever you are using, how big the save size is, if the game uses a save.
    sort that out first, then we can work out your other problems.

9. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
  10. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    use ctrtool to see how big the save file it is.
    i use a butchered version of 3dstmd, if you can compile for your os i can give you the source, or if you are on mac i can give you the executable.
    or you can look at the save file size in the data folder in the game's folder on your sd card, but that would get boring doing that manually

11. tubebar
    OP

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I was able to make a .3ds file of some Sonic Demo w/o any error. It runs on my 3DS but I also have the eshop installed.

Can you see if this runs on your 3Ds? No install since it's .3ds file, I PM'd you the link to download.

I didn't get any error, I used the app and tmd.

That doesn't solve the CIA problem, it won't work with CARD2 cmd. I still don't know if this works?

Where can I get the ctrtool? I'm on Win 7 x64.

12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    wow good that you got it working.
    also have the eshop installed? not sure what you mean.
    anyway, i can't test it right now sorry, but how about you delete it form your 3ds, and install your cia. if it works, then that's great.
    search the forums to find ctrtool, i saw it around a while ago, search should find it faster than i can honestly :)