dumping a save into hg/ss cartridge

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by 95girl, Apr 10, 2010.

Apr 10, 2010
  1. 95girl
    OP

Newcomer 95girl Member

Italy
    is it possible to do it?how?

2. SirCB85

Member SirCB85 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    You know, everytime someone asks that question a puppy gets hit by a car, so please help spread the word so no more puppys have to suffer a horrible death because of this!
    No it isn´t, hasn´t been ever and won´t be for a long time I think.
    *starting to cry* and I realy hoped we where beyond the time where everyone just started an account to ask this question *drowns the board in his tears**

3. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    It's possible, but not with the usual homebrew. You need a special USB device called the "NDS Adapter Plus", but it costs $30 is most people don't want to bother.

But seriously, like SirCB85 pointed out, there's been a ton of threads started by people asking this exact question; you should try searching for some of those, first. Emulation is also the wrong section for this question.

4. GentleFist

GentleFist Newbie

funny how sir knew how often the question was made but he still didn't knew the right answer...

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The HG/SS carts function differently in regards to storing the save, so current homebrew tools cannot access it at all yet.

If you go for the adapter, get the Plus version, the normal does not work for these.

6. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    lol, good point.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can, but it requires destroying a real game of HG/SS to do it. Someone already proved you can dump it and upload it, just not without destroying a real cart of HG/SS. there is a thread already showing how to do it. You can use the search function at the top menu to find it.

8. SirCB85

Member SirCB85 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Actualy I do know the correct answer, but my deduction says that someone who doesn´t bother do look before asking a question thats been answered like what feels a hundret times, he won´t want to solder his cart and risking damaging it, neither would he spend 30 Bucks for an USBStick he could only use for that one purpose, so why bother and write them down the hundrets time?

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Then why bother posting at all?

Is it THAT HARD to add "You need to buy an adapter or open your cart and do some soldering." to a post?