ROM Hack Question Dump roms + boxarts from Nintendo Switch Online NES

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm in a mood these days to create some special playlists/collections/whateveryouwannacallit in RetroArch to raise the spotlight on some specific game collections rather than dealing with those complete rom set per system playlists.

It's an absolute first world problem/project.

But it's fun and I want to create extra playlists for all games that are bundled on those mini consoles, so I'll be doing a SNES Mini playlist, a NES Mini playlist, TurboGrafx, C64, Sony PlayStation Classic ... I guess you see where this is going.

However I also want to make a playlist containing the Nintendo Switch Online games and I want to make it as authentic as possible.
That's why I want to use:
  • original roms from the Switch application, especially containing those "special versions" as well
  • boxarts from there
Luckily enough I have a clean sysNAND and an online subscription so theoretically I could boot Atmosphère there to dump the application every months (and since new games are added frequently I would really need a way to do it myself instead of downloading some kind of umbrella package or something like that).

So is there a way to get roms and boxarts out there?

Reactions: Azeryn

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*bump*

Also: Those special games (like Metroid booting directly to the end boss) ... are they done by specific autoloaded savegames or are they altered roms?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo