Hardware Dump private header with DSaveManager and a DS Lite?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all. Would it be possible to dump the header similarly to the Powersaves method using DSaveManager? I know you'd have to cut off the tab on the game but that wouldn't do any harm.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Title says it all. Would it be possible to dump the header similarly to the Powersaves method using DSaveManager? I know you'd have to cut off the tab on the game but that wouldn't do any harm.
I tried this, any program i used on the DS was unable to communicate properly with the 3ds cartridge.
For it to work a custom program would need to be written.. Even then... it may not be possible at all.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this, any program i used on the DS was unable to communicate properly with the 3ds cartridge.
For it to work a custom program would need to be written.. Even then... it may not be possible at all.
I think it should be possible if a program is made for it as I thought homebrew had access to slot1 at a low level on DS and DS Lite.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it should be possible if a program is made for it as I thought homebrew had access to slot1 at a low level on DS and DS Lite.
Either way, a DS or DS lite wouldn't be necessary as a 3DS can run DS software and the carts wouldn't need to be modified to fit..
But, to clarify my original post.. We would need software to dump the rom or parts of the rom
You had mentioned dumping the save... The header data is not stored in the savegame...

Realistically, it could be done just as easily with 3DS homebrew, as that also has access to the cartridge slot.. I know someone made a rom dumper (or was/is making one)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, a DS or DS lite wouldn't be necessary as a 3DS can run DS software and the carts wouldn't need to be modified to fit..
But, to clarify my original post.. We would need software to dump the rom or parts of the rom
You had mentioned dumping the save... The header data is not stored in the savegame...

Realistically, it could be done just as easily with 3DS homebrew, as that also has access to the cartridge slot.. I know someone made a rom dumper (or was/is making one)

Using a DS bypasses the need for a 9.2 or lower firmware 3DS to dump savegames. Also, you can't run DS software and switch the cart as the console is aware of slot1 changes. The original and DS Lite both work as they do not monitor the slot for changes.

D

Deleted-236924

There is a hardware mod you can do, bridging two pins on the side of the card reader inside the 3DS, to allow you to use homebrew that require you to switch cartridges such as those save managers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.