Dump game save without Disc?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by raynor_ni, Feb 28, 2016.

1. raynor_ni
    OP

raynor_ni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Is there anyway to dump a save without the original disc (since Saviine appears to require a working disc)?

I ask because my Hyrule Warriors disc recently completely stopped working,
    I've had a friend try it on their Wii U and it doesn't work either so I assume the disc is just shot (no scratches on it or anything. Very weird)

I'd like to play the game again via Loadiine but I'd really prefer not to start over from the beginning.

Cheers.

2. Jucost

Jucost Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    France
    yep, have you any solution to dump without orignal disc ?

have you try just with folder saves game copy/past frome wiiu to sd ?

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Both saviine and DDD require the disc. Just rent or borrow the disc long enough to dump the save.

4. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Yeah, sorry. The Wii U's kernel only allows us to read save data for the currently active program. We get access to those save files by patching Saviine into the boot process of a program, which gives us access to that save data.

Without the program present on your console (you can use an eShop copy of the game, but you will need to buy it again) we cannot access that save data without IOSU locking up the console. If you really can't get your hands on another copy of the game (you can rent it for a few $) then you will need to wait for an IOSU exploit to be released.

5. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Doesn't the WiiU save game saves on the internal memory? You could just format a USB drive to work with the Wii U, copy the save over onto the USB drive and go from there, but then there'd be no way to actually use the save.

6. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Yes, we could go that way, but we'd have no way to retrieve the save file from the disc until someone cracks the filesystem-level encryption.

@raynor_ni if you really can't get your hands on a copy of the game for five minutes, then format a drive using your console, copy the save data to it, keep that drive in a safe place and keep your fingers crossed that an IOSU exploit comes out soon. Got that?

7Robins likes this.