Gaming duke nukem and soul calibur

• Thread starter tal32123
  • Start date
  • Views 1,865
  • Replies 12
T

tal32123

OP
duke nukem will be released pretty soon for ds the first in a trilogy that is planned. also what happened to soul calibur that was supposed to come out for ds. there was news about it coming out as early as 2005. come on nintendo your pissin me off.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What has Nintendo got to do with Soul Calibur? They didn't make or publish it.

Really annoys me when people moan at Nintendo for not bringing out games that they have nothing to do with.

Also that Duke Nukem game looks awful.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

Yeah, I think some folks overlook the fact that Nintendo doesn't publish every single game for their systems.

After seeing the head of the project demo the DS version of Duke Nukem on Gamespot's video podcast a while back, yeah, I have to agree -- it wasn't looking too hot. That said, there's no telling how far into development it was at the time. It's still Duke Nukem, so I'd play it without hesitation. Still, with all the stuff surrounding Apogee/3D Realms as of late, who knows what will happen with Duke as a franchise. That stuff's probably all up in the air right now, likely destined to become vaporware.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
LOL where is my C.O.R.E.? Nintendo? Reggieeeeee!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

And somehow, I think Duke Nukem looks shit even on the PSP.

According to Nintendo on CORE... (although Grafitti is still saying July 21st)

Anyway, I think both the series have lost significant steam. I'm surprised Duke Nukem is still going with tons of first person shooters overtaking it (Call of Duty, Halo). As for Soul Caliber, maybe Fighting games just aren't nearly as popular. Although I do think the latest Soul Caliber was pretty good.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
Domination said:
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I think both the series have lost significant steam. I'm surprised Duke Nukem is still going with tons of first person shooters overtaking it (Call of Duty, Halo). As for Soul Caliber, maybe Fighting games just aren't nearly as popular. Although I do think the latest Soul Caliber was pretty good.

Erm.... yes we all know that. Thats why there is the
rolleyes.gif

And as for Duke Nukem..... its may have a trilogy planned for it, but if you look at some trailers, the games don't really look extremely awesome.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Domination said:
rolleyes.gif

Nintendos own site is probably the last place people should look, they still had Wario Ware Twisted GBA for Europe release up until 2007...even though they made that BS* story about it being illegal to have games with mercury inside cartridges so they cant release it in Europe way back in 2006.

If the site cant get their own games right, whats the chance they cant get 3rd party ones right?

*BS because that horrid Yoshi game was out in Europe and it has the same stuff inside.

T

tal32123

OP
i was just joking about the nintendo part. anyway duke nukem should be good for $39.99

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tal32123 said:
i was just joking about the nintendo part. anyway duke nukem should be could for $39.99

Hardly any games go to $40, especially one like this. Most of the DS games are around $35 max, and like $40+ if it has an attachment (Guitar Hero, for example). And after a little bit they usually go down to $30 (lower if its crap).

Saberin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think Soul Calibur would work out well on the DS, I mean, the graphics would likely have to be toned down a bit and the small screen just wouldn't cover the length of the Soul Edge. We have a few strong fighters on the DS, but here, the quality doesn't make up for the lack of quantity.

A 3D fighter could work out great on the DS, but not Soul Calibur. It'll probably never happen.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saberin said:
I don't think Soul Calibur would work out well on the DS, I mean, the graphics would likely have to be toned down a bit and the small screen just wouldn't cover the length of the Soul Edge. We have a few strong fighters on the DS, but here, the quality doesn't make up for the lack of quantity.

A 3D fighter could work out great on the DS, but not Soul Calibur. It'll probably never happen.

I think you're right -- it'll never happen -- but I disagree about it not working on DS. I think the opposite is true. After spending an ungodly amount of time playing SCII on GCN, I could very easily see it working on DS. Unlike many other fighters, SC isn't about twitch action so much as it is about inputs/combos. Most combos in SCII require button presses to be input well before the completion of the current animation, so that would put less strain on the DS in terms of spitting out that info. I don't know, though. I'm no programmer, but it seems like it would work fine. As shitty as the Naruto 3D fighters are (in my opinion) on DS, they work, and they're pretty much an uber-watered-down version of Soul Calibur.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)