cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eDuke32.jpg

Hi,

Here is a Duke Nukem 3D engine (eduke32) for the Nintendo Switch.
I do have put some time in it to make it as good as possible, i think i did succeed, i hope you'll enjoy :)

DOWNLOAD:

INSTALLATION:

• copy "eduke32" folder into "/switch" folder (overwriting config files if asked)
  • copy "DUKE3D.GRP" and "DUKE.RTS" to "/switch/eduke32" folder

NOTE:
  • all renders are implemented (including polymer/polymost opengl renders !)
  • for a best experience, i do recommend to play the game with the "polymer" opengl render at 720p (all effects enabled, including dynamic lightning) without the "Duke Nukem 3D: High Resolution Pack" but with the "Duke3D HRP Music Packs"! Edit: eduke32 devs seems to recommend "polymost" render!
  • Note that some people seems to prefer the "polymost" render (original render, less effects but more accurate (?) and faster), it's up to you.
  • a switch only setting is now available in the "eduke32.cfg" file: "Overclock". Setting this to "1" will unlock cpu/gpu frequency on handheld mode.

DUKE NUKEM 3D HIGH RESOLUTION PACK:
  • the "Duke Nukem 3D: High Resolution Pack" is now working with the opengl "polymost" render
  • you may unzip it directly to "eduke32" folder for faster access to resources
  • you must disable "dynamic lightning" to get 60 fps
  • when texture caching is enable, first map loading time will be high to generate the cache
  • texture caching will also append during gameplay, creating major slowdowns on the first play

HPR MUSIC (OR HIGH RES) PACK INSTALLATION:
  • create an "autoload" folder in the eduke32 directory
  • download an "Duke3D HRP Music Packs" (or any other pack) from HRP website
  • copy the zipped pack to the newly created "autoload" folder

ION FURY:
  • Ion Fury is working, slowly. To get a stable 30 fps, either use the "software" render or the "polymost" render with all effects disabled and limit fps to 30 in video menu.
  • the "polymer" render does not work with Ion Fury

THANKS

• devkitPro and libnx people: yellows8, plutoo, profi200, WntrMute ....
  • eduke32 team
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone plz show a video of it.

Anyway the forum is sucking so much lately, I wonder when a software release sub-forum for Switch will appear or a sticky thread here with everything that got released and was forgotten... When CFW arrives it will be so much hard to find all the awesome releases up to that date.

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Anyway the forum is sucking so much lately, I wonder when a software release sub-forum for Switch will appear or a sticky thread here with everything that got released and was forgotten... When CFW arrives it will be so much hard to find all the awesome releases up to that date.
agree.. Its gonna be even worst as summer arrives

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Here is the first release of a Duke Nukem 3D engine (eduke32). i do have put some time in it to make it as good as possible, i think i did succeed :)
I wanted to make a little video to show you how this game is cool, but well, the custom rom on my phone is a little crappy and doesn"t allow video recording yet :x

i currently doesn't have the time to write a lot of information about the port, but you'll find a few on the release page : https://github.com/Cpasjuste/eduke32/releases

I hope you'll enjoy :)

Great. Thank you. Have you considered using the stock ROM rooted, with Xposed modules? I'm using a OnePlus 5T with the stock ROM. Gravity Box [O] has all the custom ROM like tweaks that I need.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great. Thank you. Have you considered using the stock ROM rooted, with Xposed modules? I'm using a OnePlus 5T with the stock ROM. Gravity Box [O] has all the custom ROM like tweaks that I need.
I sort of like using beta ROMs, currently using lineage 15.1 on my old note 4, but I also agree that modded stock ROMs are usually the best.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Great port but we cannot saving :(
Ill take a look very soon !

Last edited by cpasjuste,
Reactions: x0x0

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the meantime there is this:
https://switchbru.com/appstore/

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Plays like a charm. :) Except as stated above, saving currently doesnt work. It seems, that the game expects a name entry at that point, so mapping any joypad key to any number or letter key should be a way around this. :).

edit: BGM Music doesnt seem to work either - that goes for 3.0.0 as well. :)

jXP1cfS.jpg

oMngwrj.jpg

3WiQRpA.jpg

rK4aokd.jpg

w3zixhH.jpg

FSixb4R.jpg

KCw2Us9.jpg

bqCGMyk.jpg

v3V0TXJ.jpg

IsSsqze.jpg

JBB6Bvj.jpg

em3Jhkk.jpg

kYWrHHO.jpg

cl0hRoo.jpg

jSMIFHH.jpg

DRy2nss.jpg

tMwEG1H.jpg

c0KCIyj.jpg

k7rrl1F.jpg

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice pics, but wheres a video of it, pics don't show the performance even though I bet it already runs smooth, but still would like to see a video of it running.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
There is a flag in build.cfg for enabling music, havn't figured out if this is how music could be enabled, but in case no music is related to this - heres the documentation: http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Configuration_file_options

Also - I havent found how to use items (Jetpack, Holo Duke...) without mapping them to specific buttons - so cycling through them doesnt do any good currently. I might be missing something very obvious - but I don't know where.. ;)

A way to have full keyboard entry options would be great - for the simple reason of enabling cheats (phrases like DNKROY, or DNSTUFF would have to be entered on the cheats screen), I've looked into if enabled cheats could be prepopulated via .cfg - and they can't but maybe they can via a "savefile" - I'll try this out eventually.

I'm uploading a shady video to give you an impression about performance right now - edit with the videolink soon to come.

Reactions: cpasjuste

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a flag in build.cfg for enabling music, havn't figured out if this is how music could be enabled, but in case no music is related to this - heres the documentation: http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Configuration_file_options

Also - I havent found how to use items (Jetpack, Holo Duke...) without mapping them to specific buttons - so cycling through them doesnt do any good currently. I might be missing something very obvious - but I don't know where.. ;)

A way to have full keyboard entry options would be great - for the simple reason of enabling cheats (phrases like DNKROY, or DNSTUFF would have to be entered on the cheats screen), I've looked into if enabled cheats could be prepopulated via .cfg - and they can't but maybe they can via a "savefile" - I'll try this out eventually.

I'm uploading a shady video to give you an impression about performance right now - edit with the videolink soon to come.
I noticed it try to load a "timidity.cfg" file which doesn't exist yet of course (and search in wrong places..). I think it should not be to hard to get music, I may try to take a look today.

Reactions: HtheB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over