Hacking Question Dual Boot Sxos + Atmopshere Help Required

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just can't help yourself can you? Literally no one said anything negative and you just have to start it all over again.. it's hilarious lmao

Its good advice to ignore you and your Gestapo. Best case, any advice you give will be skewed. You're the one that can't help themselves. I am helping the OP.

One of you was already giving incorrect advice and now you're here to troll. Were you gonna help? I highly doubt it. You saw SX and or my name and got your troll on. Who can't help themselves?

Last edited by mikefor20,

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IWhat are you confused about?
Hi @mikefor20 one person says leave sxos and 11.0.0 with no emunand then boot into atmopshere and use hekate to create emunand.
They then say update emunand to latest firmware and of course update files for atmopshere also.
I use payload re launcher through homebrew to switch between the 2.
Just want to be 100% mbefore i start adding anything. Thanks

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @mikefor20 one person says leave sxos and 11.0.0 with no emunand then boot into atmopshere and use hekate to create emunand.
They then say update emunand to latest firmware and of course update files for atmopshere also.
I use payload re launcher through homebrew to switch between the 2.
Just want to be 100% mbefore i start adding anything. Thanks
This “option “ works also, it’s just that you will be using sysnand and an emunand, instead of 2 emunands. It’s truly more “straightforward “ to leave sysnand as it is for Sxos and create an EmuMMC for atmosphere, than starting from scratch to create 2 hidden partitions.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: shanefromoz

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So... I ended up here readin on the internet.
My situation: Unpatched ver1. Switch using SXOS dongle (never created a EmuNAND) on SysNAND, firmware up to 11 something.
Want to achieve:
1. Preserve savegames & move them to the new setup.
2. Use SXOS for XCI games on a HDD
3. Use Atmos for newest games.

For 2 and 3 I suppose that I will need to create two EmuNAND for SXOS and Atmos.

Where I can begin ? I´m also kind of lost as of the exact steps to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: shanefromoz

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My situation: Unpatched ver1. Switch using SXOS dongle (never created a EmuNAND) on SysNAND, firmware up to 11 something.
Want to achieve:

For 2 and 3 I suppose that I will need to create two EmuNAND for SXOS and Atmos.

Where I can begin ? I´m also kind of lost as of the exact steps to achieve this.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

Exactly the same as me.
Please let me know how you go

Exactly the same as me.
Let me know how you go.

Last edited by shanefromoz,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK you all need to read more. I answered this like 10 times in the last week...

This “option “ works also, it’s just that you will be using sysnand and an emunand, instead of 2 emunands. It’s truly more “straightforward “ to leave sysnand as it is for Sxos and create an EmuMMC for atmosphere, than starting from scratch to create 2 hidden partitions.

I do not use SysNAND. I don't recommend that SXOS be left on SysNAND due to it's risks and I Do not recommend updating SysNAND either for Atmosphere. You are just closing doors. I much prefer an all EmuNAND setup. It's way safer especially for the TLDR skill set types.

If you want the SysNAND to be in the mix there are tons of tutorials on how to do that

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want to achieve:

Thanks in advance

My way you wind up with 2 EmuNANDs 1 for SXOS one for Atmosphere with a multiboot menu and a overlay menu to switch back and forth.

There are instructions to make an EmuNAND in the guide.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Your entire NAND gets copied during EmuNAND creation. Including saves. Your Nintendo folder will get copied as well and placed in to a folder call emutendo for SX .. Forget what atmo calls it.

You'll need an 11.0 EmuNAND (EmuMMC is the same, I use old school terms lol). Then I recommend you make an EmuNAND for Atmosphere. EmuNAND is safe in case of catastrophe. There was bricking Pikman NSPs floating around before. for example. You're safer in EmuNAND.

You can use this to make multiple emunands.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-switcher-3-00-multitool-for-sxos-and-atmosphere.539727/

Then I Resize the SXOS one if you want. I ONLY launch XCI games in SXOS. I use Atmosphere for all else. Remember to leave room for Saves.

You can make SuperXCI files with updates and dlc and the base game in 1 XCI and store those on your USB device.

I made a 8GB EmuNAND and I am okay so far as I am only keeping save games on it. You can leave it at 32gb standard and not worry about it. It's just 32GB..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-resize-your-emunand-mmc.587024/

I use this to boot to a multi menu where I can select what to boot.

https://github.com/Guillem96/argon-nx/blob/master/README.md

Then there is TESLA, it's an overlay, there is a TESLA plugin to swap between payloads. This is a convenient way to switch without having to power down and push a payload.

set this up
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/

Here is the plugins
https://github.com/n00mkrad/tesla-overlays-list
fastCFWswitch lets you toggle back and forth.

Keep in mind, if you want, this is the perfect time to setup android and/or linux, You can run tons of games that way. Dolphin(Wii and Gamecube) works as well as most games for android and linux,

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-ne...-l4t-ubuntu-cfw-emummc-on-one-sd-card.575936/

This script may work to setup the EmuNANDS too. I think. You could do it that way possibly, Just make sure you keep a backup of the full 11.0 EmuNAND is it's a minor pain in the ass to make a new one.

That's the nutshell. Few decisions to make.

I went SXOS11.0 EmuNAND first partition (4gb). Atmosphere (current FW EmuNAND Full 32GB) 2nd partition, Android 3rd and Linux 4th.. 512GB Card. 5TB HDD 1TBSSD with OTG cable for Handheld.

Hidden partition EmuNANDS do not corrupt. File based ones may that's why I choose Hidden partition.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES!!!

Bottom line minimal for SXOS and Atmo..
SXOS EmuNAND on 11.0 (can be any form but hidden is FAR more reliable)

Atmosphere on SysNAND with up to date firmware. (I prefer EmuNAND for safety but you can have it on your SysNAND technically)

Argon to have a clean multiboot menu (you can use hekate but it's less user friendly and has options that can hurt like format NAND)

And I recommend the TESLA overlay FastCFWswitch to make life easier

Last edited by mikefor20,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do not use SysNAND. I don't recommend that SXOS be left on SysNAND due to it's risks and I Do not recommend updating SysNAND either
I’m not a big fan either of “dealing” with sysnand. I always use emunand (1 shared until Sxos stopped support, and so 2 now).

Reactions: mikefor20

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never used this script, going to have a look, thanks for the “hint”.
The fact is that I have came almost to the “same configuration “ as you, over the years, since I bought my Erista V1 unpatched on 2018 (sysnand still on 4.01).

Used Emunand Sxos shared with atmosphere on same sd since the very beginning (better support from atmosphere for some homebrews and sysmodules).

When Sxos stopped support of firmwares, I decided to create 2 emunands, on hidden partitions. I got stucked as no way for me to make it work, but it did work with 1 hidden for atmosphere and one on sd files (shrinked to 8go in Sxos), so I let it there, as I had to set up quickly the switch for the children.

But, I was never “happy “ with this setup. So going to try again.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot, I´m following the steps to do a completely clean setup (restoring my original NAND backup) and creating 2 EmuNAND´s

As of now the only question left I have is the safest way to backup my saves (thinking of Checkpoint 3.7.4)

Any tips on that ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot, I´m following the steps to do a completely clean setup (restoring my original NAND backup) and creating 2 EmuNAND´s

As of now the only question left I have is the safest way to backup my saves (thinking of Checkpoint 3.7.4)

Any tips on that ?
I personally would recommend JKSV https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV instead of checkpoint to backup your saves (but you can use both for “extra safe measures “ if you want).

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: mikefor20

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@mikefor20 , as for Android and Linux, I used my « old » 200 go sd card when I first installed CFW on my switch to setup a « specific sd » after buying a 400 go sd for atmosphere and Sxos.

Don’t use that much Android and Linux, just for the « fun » of « fiddling « , so I tought it would be okay to « swap » sometimes the sd, being careful obviously.

Have also an external hdd and ssd with otg for travelling.., and being moving quite a lot this past months, I definitely like my setup, as with my laptop following me, I feel like « at home ». :-))

The « only thing left « , for me to be happy, is to have my 2 emunands on 2 hidden partitions.
(The Atmosphere one for children with their own library, and the Sxos/retroarch one for me with my own library).

At the time I did the setup, I used several tools, but couldn’t get the 2 hidden partitions to work together, so I will take a look with the script you linked.

Before the mods removed some posts , I saw again trolling about « Sxos/atmosphere « war » « , and I agree with you, no trolls should be allowed when we try to give « accurates » answers to people asking for help and given them the pros and cons of each available solutions depending on their « current status « .

Last edited by Maupiti,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mikefor20 , as for Android and Linux, I used my « old » 200 go sd card when I first installed CFW on my switch to setup a « specific sd » after buying a 400 go sd for atmosphere and Sxos.

Don’t use that much Android and Linux, just for the « fun » of « fiddling « , so I tought it would be okay to « swap » sometimes the sd, being careful obviously.

Have also an external hdd and ssd with otg for travelling.., and being moving quite a lot this past months, I definitely like my setup, as with my laptop following me, I feel like « at home ». :-))

The « only thing left « , for me to be happy, is to have my 2 emunands on 2 hidden partitions.
(The Atmosphere one for children with their own library, and the Sxos/retroarch one for me with my own library).

At the time I did the setup, I used several tools, but couldn’t get the 2 hidden partitions to work together, so I will take a look with the script you linked.

Before the mods removed some posts , I saw again trolling about « Sxos/atmosphere « war » « , and I agree with you, no trolls should be allowed when we try to give « accurates » answers to people asking for help and given them the pros and cons of each available solutions depending on their « current status « .

I used this tutorial for my dual EmuNAND SD.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-switcher-3-00-multitool-for-sxos-and-atmosphere.539727/

That script I used it for a Quad Boot. I can't recall if it can do dual... let us know!

Yup, the troll gestapo was here. Thankfully some mods listened to me instead of killing the thread. I am happy about it.

Reactions: simbin and Maupiti

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mike, a question how do you do the trim/cleanup of the EmuNAND to make it 8 GB ?
(I think I can save a lot of time by taking my actual SysNAND, remove all unnecesary stuff and trim it as EmuNAND for SXOS)

Last edited by comegalletas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!