Hacking Question Dual Boot Atmos at 12.0.2 and SXOS at 11.0.0

prukpruk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi guys, I got a lil question about moving from SXOS to Atmos. I want to still have an ability to boot to SXOS at 11.0.0 and maybe upgrading it later if Team Xecuter does come back. However, I also want to upgrade my switch and use Atmos for now as well to the latest firmware.

My question is how do I keep 2 separate firmware? Does making an Emunand help in this case? (My switch is banned, so I don't have to care about playing online) I searched around and found out about StardustCFW and tried it on. It works great, but still it keeps my Atmos at 11.0.0 same as my SXOS and I don't know whether if I update it via Choidujour would make me unable to use SXOS or not

Also, for others who use StardustCFW, how do you add sources to your tinfoil? It seems that the developer limit tinfoil to his own source, so we have to donate to use his database. I want to use StealthShop and PanguShop instead :(

Thanks in advance guys

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I got a lil question about moving from SXOS to Atmos. I want to still have an ability to boot to SXOS at 11.0.0 and maybe upgrading it later if Team Xecuter does come back. However, I also want to upgrade my switch and use Atmos for now as well to the latest firmware.

My question is how do I keep 2 separate firmware? Does making an Emunand help in this case? (My switch is banned, so I don't have to care about playing online) I searched around and found out about StardustCFW and tried it on. It works great, but still it keeps my Atmos at 11.0.0 same as my SXOS and I don't know whether if I update it via Choidujour would make me unable to use SXOS or not

Also, for others who use StardustCFW, how do you add sources to your tinfoil? It seems that the developer limit tinfoil to his own source, so we have to donate to use his database. I want to use StealthShop and PanguShop instead :(

Thanks in advance guys

SX Team is never coming back and u make a new emunand partition for SXOS at 11.00

prukpruk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
SX Team is never coming back and u make a new emunand partition for SXOS at 11.00
So I just need to make Emunand of my SXOS is that right? Will my games have to be separated between FW as well? (I tried making an emunand on SXOS earlier, but all the games that are located in Nintendo folder cannot be played unless I copied it to the Emutendo folder) I would like to be able to play all my games in both the Emunand and Sysnand as well. Is that possible?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You could continue to use SX OS on SysMMC and create an EmuMMC for Atmosphere and then update EmuMMC to the firmware version you want.
Sharing the installed games between SysMMC and EmuMMC should be possible but I highly recommend NOT to do it. IF you really want to you can edit emummc\emummc.ini to pint the Nintendo folder for EmuMMC to \Nintendo. But keep in mind that it is only the files for the games that are in the Nintendo folder. You still need it installed/registered in MMC. So in theory it should work for the games installed when you create EmuMMC because it makes a copy of SysMMC. But if you wasnt to install a game after that you need to install it in both SysMMC and EmuMMC for it to appear in both. What happens to the Nintendo folder in that case I don't know. It will probably be a mess and therefore I recommend against it.

prukpruk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You could continue to use SX OS on SysMMC and create an EmuMMC for Atmosphere and then update EmuMMC to the firmware version you want.
Sharing the installed games between SysMMC and EmuMMC should be possible but I highly recommend NOT to do it. IF you really want to you can edit emummc\emummc.ini to pint the Nintendo folder for EmuMMC to \Nintendo. But keep in mind that it is only the files for the games that are in the Nintendo folder. You still need it installed/registered in MMC. So in theory it should work for the games installed when you create EmuMMC because it makes a copy of SysMMC. But if you wasnt to install a game after that you need to install it in both SysMMC and EmuMMC for it to appear in both. What happens to the Nintendo folder in that case I don't know. It will probably be a mess and therefore I recommend against it.
I'll give this a go! Thank you so much :) I guess I'll have to play XCI on SXOS and NSP on Atmos then
Btw I also get my tinfoil working by reinstalling it as well, for anyone who is wondering

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Easiest solution because you're banned anyway:
Create an SX OS emuNAND out of your 11.0.0 sysNAND using the SX OS boot menu.
Since you didn't create it with Atmosphère/hekate, using fusee-primary.bin still boots you into your sysNAND with Atmosphère which you can update then using daybreak.
As for creating the SX OS emuNAND you have two options:
Partition based -> you have to backup your whole SD card to the PC first since it gets wiped.
File based -> nothing gets wiped (honestly I'd still do a backup just in case but it's up to you)
Then either use hekate or Argon NX to have a nice bootmenu which lets you boot whatever you want (using fusee-primary for Atmosphère and the SX Loader payload for SX OS).

People already figured how to put Atmosphère in the SX OS bootmenu so you could use that one instead of hekate or Argon NX too:
Whatever you use as your bootloader, don't forget to put a copy of its payload to sd:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin so rebooting takes you into that all the time.

Last edited by lordelan,

prukpruk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Just an update. I finally managed to make EmuMMC and install 12.0.2 for Atmos already. While my Sysnand (and SXOS) is still at 11.0.0 Although, games that are in Sysnand cannot be played in EmuMMC like what petspeed suggest. But I guess there is no easy way to do that

Thank you so much everyone!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just an update. I finally managed to make EmuMMC and install 12.0.2 for Atmos already. While my Sysnand (and SXOS) is still at 11.0.0 Although, games that are in Sysnand cannot be played in EmuMMC like what petspeed suggest. But I guess there is no easy way to do that

I would never try to use the same games across both NANDs.
Think of emuNAND and sysNAND as two completely different consoles.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The NAND are separated, so install your game on your emunand if you want to play it on your emunand.

Reactions: lordelan

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found this guide:
https://www.sthetix.info/migrating-from-the-sx-os-to-atmosphere/

But i have just one more question to be sure:
my switch still has FW 11.x on the sysnand, Do i have to install FW 12.0.2 first on my sysnand by using ChoiDujourNX?!

General recommendation is to not follow Sthetix video as he make a lot of mistakes, if you have patched v1 or v2 board with SX core/SX Lite do not use ChoidujourNX on Sysnand or you will brick, use daybreak instead.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: darky2003

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
General recommendation is to not follow Sthetix video as he make a lot of mistakes, if you have patched v1 or v2 board with SX core/SX Lite do not use ChoidujourNX on Sysnand or you will brick, use daybreak instead.
thx, i still have an old first version switch.
but i just found out games could get patched for lower version so i will keep sxos for the moment ;-)

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the emunand folder has to be for sxos.I rather use the atmosphere for emunand but I guess it's safer with emunand since all the xcis are unsigned.I'm still not banned.so I create a emunand from sxos and transfer all my xcis and what about homebrew stuff??? Can I put that in the sxos emunand folder?? Can I do 2 emunand folders if I wanted to our should I just keep atmosphere for newer games and update using the ofw??? Can I go online with atmosphere?? For game updates and is freeshop available??? I don't want to mess my switch up.it's been working flawlessly for 4 years.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the emunand folder has to be for sxos.I rather use the atmosphere for emunand but I guess it's safer with emunand since all the xcis are unsigned.I'm still not banned.so I create a emunand from sxos and transfer all my xcis and what about homebrew stuff??? Can I put that in the sxos emunand folder?? Can I do 2 emunand folders if I wanted to our should I just keep atmosphere for newer games and update using the ofw??? Can I go online with atmosphere?? For game updates and is freeshop available??? I don't want to mess my switch up.it's been working flawlessly for 4 years.
Homebrew is always shared between emuMMC and sysMMC as well as all CFW. You can also have a separate emuMMC for Atmosphere and SX OS. It is not recommended to go online with any CFW and there is no such thing as "freeshop".

prukpruk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi, since a lotta people have been DMing me asking about how I do the dual boot

Ive been using StardustCFW
https://github.com/StarDustCFW

Basically copy everything to sd card (while backup your license.dat because the SXOS version used is a cracked one) then just boot it up using the payload given. You will be able to use both SXOS and Atmosphere. However, if you want ot update your atmostphere to the latest FW, you have to make an EmuMMC of the atmosphere, then update it while leaving SXOS at sysnand 11.0.0

Once you did that you’ll get 12.1.0 Atmos and 11.0.0 SXOS (cracked)

Why using StardustCFW?
It just make everything easy. You can boot both FW by a simple tap. It also have a tool to create EmuMMC inside and also some plugins as well

They have a Discord for supporting anyone who want to use it as well (even though most people there speak Spanish) Check them out at
https://discord.io/myrincon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1