DSx86 v0.11 BETA

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Another World said:
Disco said:
I read that, and I am using the config utility fow win by author of emu, but it isn't working as suposed to...Maybe it's a bug.

you didn't read it very well....

QUOTE; This file should be either in /data/dsx86/ directory or in the root
; directory (not recommended) on your SD card.

where does it say to rename the file to gamename.bat?

works just fine for me, there is no bug.

if you are trying to play commanderkeen why are you not using the ds homebrew interpreter that alek coded?

http://filetrip.net/f3179-CommanDS-Keen-1-0.html

-another world

No, not to rename file to gamename.bat, but profile name inside dsx86.ini!

That commander keen is form 1 trough 3, and I wan't to play the 4th one ;-)

I put this before, but here it is again, this is what says inside the dsx86.ini file:

keen]
ScreenScale=Scale
ScreenUpdate=Direct
KEY_A=39
KEY_B=1D
KEY_X=0F
KEY_Y=38

And the screen is always at zoom, despite the settings and the key's aren't set either as they should be...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nl255 said:
raulpica said:
adzix said:
times of lore is working? that's excellent...
anyone tried any older ultima games?
Ultima6 works great except for a bit of crackling music now and then, and the fact that you have to play by launching game.exe instead of using the menu.
I've read in the blog that the previous ones should work too. Gonna try Ultima5 soon.

By my testing only Ultima 3 (a bit too fast, haven't tested with the unofficial music/speed patch yet) and Ultima 5 work. Note that I have only tested Ultima 1-5 as 6 supposedly requires a 386.
Ultima 6 works
smile.gif
I can assure that.

QUOTE(adzix @ Apr 27 2010, 09:54 AM)
thanks for all the answers.
wow, if even ultima 6 works it's really high time i give this a try myself.
raulpica: lovely avatar
smile.gif
Thanks
smile.gif
It's a shame that the DS screen isn't a tiny bit larger. You have to scroll from right to left and back and forth a lot of times to see what's happening on the overworld and what's happening on the message scroll every time.

rhurrle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adzix said:
glad this is getting updated and it seems to be coming along really nice.
anyone tried Master Of Orion yet? i am really curious how well this emu runs it.
anyways, i hope we'll get to see many more updates like that.
all the best to the author.
Master Of Orion works pretty well. The larger screen of the DsiXL really makes this shine.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me advice on this? I've tried many of the games that are on the list and the only thing I can get working is alley cat.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lolzed said:
Runs a couple of DOS games

at this point i would say it runs more like a few hundred dos games =). there are so many untested so far, only about 30-40 are confirmed to work correctly. however, there are hundreds that came out for the cpu this system emulates.

-another world

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I must be doing something wrong. I'm typing game dir\game.exe and for some reason I'm having problems executing.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Ok I must be doing something wrong. I'm typing game dir\game.exe and for some reason I'm having problems executing.

I'm assuming it uses DOS commands.
So:
cd\ (to return to root)
cd gamedirectorygame
game

So for example if I have my game in the folder Super and the running executable is startgame.exe, you would type:

cd\ (to return to root)
cd super
startgame

I could be wrong though, haven't tested it.

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is briliant

I can confirm that Championship Manager 94 runs (maybe a little slow between screens but not too much to spoil the game.)
This is probably my favourite game of all time so thanks very much to everyone involved in this great emulator

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
According to the blog, the next version will run Windows. Unfortunately it is Windows 2.03 so even if it runs perfectly in the next version it won't be useful. Currently only the top part of the screen is displayed due to using the 640x200 screen refresh code but assuming 640x480x16 VGA support is supported it should run fine.

mag2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested Bio Menace 1-3. All three games load with sound and you can controlled your character. After a couple steps, the game unexpectedly halted and crashed. I wish the emu had more compatibility. Gonna test out other Apogee games.

I tested Commander Keen 1-2. Both game worked with sound. The only necessary changes is in the game. You need to change the key configuration. In the game just press F3 then press 8 then the button [A], press 9 then the button . This will change the default key setting to work with the game. Button [A] will be Ctrl and will be Alt. To shoot you press + [A].

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag