MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

so I've had my DSTWO since shortly after it was released and I think it's dying on me right now. My DSi won't read it at all anymore (mostly), my N2DS XL reads it fairly okay most times but then the games just randomly crash but my DS Lite still reads it flawlessly (for now). Is there anything I can do to make it work better on the other systems as well? I've tried the paper method but that sadly didn't help at all.
To be honest, I'd just buy a new one if it wasn't for the fact that they're sold out literally everywhere (are they still being produced?). Alternatively, are there any flashcarts that can be compared to the DSTWO? I don't need GBA emulation or anything, the only features I'd really need are cheat support and real time saving. I also own a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (from r4i-sdhc.com) but its kernel just sucks. It's incredibly ugly, can't handle usrcheat.dat files very well and the RTS feature has never worked for me and just made every game crash.

So yeah, could you recommend me another flashcard or give me some advice on how to get my DSTWO to work again? I just lost two hours of playtime on Phantom Hourglass because the game just randomly froze on my N2DS XL, it's incredibly infuriating.
Thanks in advance!

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From all sources I've looked around, it appears Team SC has completely stopped talking to the rest of the world, their forums have been spammed constantly with nobody cleaning it. It appears the business has evaporated with no means of contact.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Clean the contacts with 90% or stronger rubbing alcohol, and see if that helps. And the "paper trick" can sometimes help as well, wedging a piece of folded up paper between the cart's sticker side and the cart slot upon cart insertion, which in turn makes better pressure against the contacts.

MichiS97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Clean the contacts with 90% or stronger rubbing alcohol, and see if that helps. And the "paper trick" can sometimes help as well, wedging a piece of folded up paper between the cart's sticker side and the cart slot upon cart insertion, which in turn makes better pressure against the contacts.
Yeah I've already tried the paper trick as well as contact spray and none of them worked very well. I'm using my Ace3DS X right now and I guess I might shell out for an R4i Gold RTS at some point.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've already tried the paper trick as well as contact spray and none of them worked very well. I'm using my Ace3DS X right now and I guess I might shell out for an R4i Gold RTS at some point.
The R4i Gold RTS is great, I have 2 of them. No regrets! You're really only missing out on the GBA emulator on the DSTWO, but the 3DS has that now anyways.

Reactions: MichiS97

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys,

so I've had my DSTWO since shortly after it was released and I think it's dying on me right now. My DSi won't read it at all anymore (mostly), my N2DS XL reads it fairly okay most times but then the games just randomly crash but my DS Lite still reads it flawlessly (for now). Is there anything I can do to make it work better on the other systems as well? I've tried the paper method but that sadly didn't help at all.
To be honest, I'd just buy a new one if it wasn't for the fact that they're sold out literally everywhere (are they still being produced?). Alternatively, are there any flashcarts that can be compared to the DSTWO? I don't need GBA emulation or anything, the only features I'd really need are cheat support and real time saving. I also own a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (from r4i-sdhc.com) but its kernel just sucks. It's incredibly ugly, can't handle usrcheat.dat files very well and the RTS feature has never worked for me and just made every game crash.

So yeah, could you recommend me another flashcard or give me some advice on how to get my DSTWO to work again? I just lost two hours of playtime on Phantom Hourglass because the game just randomly froze on my N2DS XL, it's incredibly infuriating.
Thanks in advance!
It sounds like a contact issue. But it could also be a contact issue in the MicroSD slot, have you tried cleaning that as well and cleaning the contacts on the MicroSD card?
I believe the DSTWO won't even show up if it can't read the MicroSD.

MichiS97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds like a contact issue. But it could also be a contact issue in the MicroSD slot, have you tried cleaning that as well and cleaning the contacts on the MicroSD card?
I believe the DSTWO won't even show up if it can't read the MicroSD.
The same SD card works perfectly on my two other flashcards, I'll try to clean the slot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi