Hacking Dstwo vs Dstwo Plus?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It isn't any better. It's the same as the old DSTwo. You can still only set the processor speed in the emus to a maximum of 396mhz, which isn't good enough to run Snes and GBA at full speed without frameskip. If the cpu is truly faster on the DSTwo+ in DS mode, the emus would need to be edited and recompiled to allow for a faster processor speed than 396mhz.
This. I'd intended to post this in @Bortz's thread.

The emulators will need to be updated by their respective authors to take advantage of the new specs. They won't just magically know they're running on better hardware.

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. I'd intended to post this in @Bortz's thread.

The emulators will need to be updated by their respective authors to take advantage of the new specs. They won't just magically know they're running on better hardware.
I could just be hoping and seeing what I want to see, but I do feel like right now they run just a smidge better. Nothing to write home about at all, but just a tiny fraction. Again, I might be wrong, but its possible I guess.

D

Deleted User

DSTwo plus has all the DSTwo things with more ram and better processor. and that 3ds shit.
DSTwo is better, because:
1. less battery drain
2. DSTwo plus can brick your 3ds (THX to gateway)
3. you can emulate GBA on the normal DSTWO and even w/o it (with homebrew access on 3ds)
4. same for SNES, but with no lag.
5. the 2 above run in homebrew in 3ds mode, which means it can do it fullscreen. in ds mode, by DSTwo emulation,(any of 'em) it does it in the DS borders...
6. you can get CFW with same features as gateway w/o any card, with only homebrew access...
7. DStwo is less pricey...

anything other then that - they have same functionality...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards