Hacking DSTWO shuting off my DSi

angela18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of a sudden my DSi turned off. I thought it was the battery. I recharged and then the DSi wouldn´t boot. I removed my DSTwo and it worked. I tried my DSTWO on another DS (original) and the same thing happened. Luckly I also have another DSTwo which is working fine and in both of my consoles.

I guess the DSTwo is defective and it is shorting some of th circuit and the DSi/DS shut down to prevent damage.

Is there a fix for that?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your description matches to one of the fuses on your DSi likely did a brown out. Basically stops working under a load.

Since the DSi is discontinued, the option of sending it in to get it fixed is unlikely. The other option is to replace the fuse yourself or have someone to replace the fuse. This requires soldering skills.

There are 2 fuses on the DSi.

---

If you don't have any eShop games on it, it might be better to get another used one.

If you got eShop games, you should transfer them to another handheld you own like a 3DS or something while you still can.

angela18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I think it is related to the DSTwo since the consoles are working with other original cards and also flash cards.... I´ll try to check the fuses though, thanks!

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
check all pins for the card reader in de dsi it gets bend a little too far sometimes, could be one pin not all games use (friend of mine had that problem once with a cheap r4i clone... repaired it with a dentist hook)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...