Hacking DSTWO questions

Shiki_Tachoyn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I own an r4ultra clone of r4 revolution. (Running akaio 1.8.1)

Just ordered:

acekard 2i

I saw this card, it looks fantastic. Very hyped.

It has GBA and snes emulation. . .

Look fantastic OS.

What is it really like? Is it buggy? Do all games work on it? Pokemon black, FFIII stuff like that?

Is it worth investing more money?

The iPlayer function. . . Are the videos in good quality?

does the snes emulator work?
Does the GBA emulator work?

I will be getting a ez 3 in 1 card (being shipped now) how well does it work with this?

PDF support?

Is this card workwhile investing into?

I'm not worried about spending money. I just want to get the best products i can!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Shiki_Tachoyn said:
Look fantastic OS.

What is it really like? Is it buggy? Do all games work on it? Pokemon black, FFIII stuff like that?

The OS seems to work fine, You can also choose to use iMenu or BAGUI as a replacement.

Shiki_Tachoyn said:
Is it worth investing more money?

Depends if the features are something you want. Most people who own a DSTwo are happy they bought one.

Shiki_Tachoyn said:
The iPlayer function. . . Are the videos in good quality?

Depends, if you try to play a hi-res video then you will have problems, just because the DSTwo has movie player software, doesn't mean it will play everything you download. For best results, you should convert your videos to a lower resolution, most video software can do that job quite quickly.

Shiki_Tachoyn said:
does the snes emulator work?
Does the GBA emulator work?

SNES - mostly, some games require more power than the DSTwo can give, those with special chips or fancy effects for example, but good progress has been made by the homebrew scene in modifying the SNES emulator to work a bit better.

GBA - Again, mostly. I have read that some games don't work, but I haven't really used the GBA emulator myself.

Shiki_Tachoyn said:
I will be getting a ez 3 in 1 card (being shipped now) how well does it work with this?
I can't think why you would need it, as most GBA games should play fine in the Gba emulator.

QUOTE(Shiki_Tachoyn @ May 20 2011, 06:38 AM)
PDF support?

Not sure, sorry.

QUOTE(Shiki_Tachoyn @ May 20 2011, 06:38 AM)
Is this card workwhile investing into?
I think it is.

Shiki_Tachoyn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am getting an EZ 3 in 1 because im using a normal gbagame and it sticks out, i also want the browser :S

I am strongly considering this. I just want to make sure it's a good product.

Can anyone list off the downfalls? No card is perfect, i'll own 2 cards since i am giving the r4 ultra to my GF.

Acekard will prolly be one of my main cards. I also want a card for travel purposes.

The supercard looks fantastic.

Will the supercard DSTWO ever be compatable with 3ds games / system

I heard its a tight fit in the DS, any chance of damage?

I heard complaints about it being springloaded for micro SD.

Can this play pokemon black, children of mana, final fantasy 3 etc?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the 3in1, if you have a DS Lite look for the DS Lite size one, it is the same size as the dustcover so it doesn't stick out (keep in mind that a 3in1 will ONLY work on a DS Phat or DS Lite)

Haven't tried the acekard2i, but I have the Supercard DSTWO and it is fantastic. SNES emulation is great for the games I have played on it (mostly Earthbound), GBA emulation is good but a little laggy at times.

Supercard IS tight in the game slot because of the chips it has sticking out. Won't damage anything, but it is tighter in the DS Lite than the 3DS (can't say for sure about other models). SD slot is spring loaded but mine is still working great, it can be a little tough to get out at times because it is slightly recessed into the body of the card.

And yes, it can play anything right now. The onboard CPU allows it to automatically bypass any AP.

Shiki_Tachoyn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks
smile.gif

I will have a AK2i

I think i'll buy this today the snes emulator seems to be making good progress to be able to play smrpg

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the iplayer does not work on my card
i am not happy with the card; the software is buggy
(it lacks features even the R4 has)

i am avoiding everything that does not work properly
thats why i do not have any emulators, cheats, in-game menus et cetera enabled.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
the iplayer does not work on my card
i am not happy with the card; the software is buggy
(it lacks features even the R4 has)

i am avoiding everything that does not work properly
thats why i do not have any emulators, cheats, in-game menus et cetera enabled.
the emulators, cheats and in-game menu all work, and what feature is it lacking that the r4 has?

do you have all the required files with iPlayer (_ds2video folder)?

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
I have another question. Instead of starting a new thread about it ill ask it here. This is functioning on 3DS correct? if it is is it region free (as the 3DS is region locked)

D

Deleted User

qwsed said:
I have another question. Instead of starting a new thread about it ill ask it here. This is functioning on 3DS correct? if it is is it region free (as the 3DS is region locked)
It works on the 3DS. The region lock doesn't affect older DS games (as the SCDS2 only runs in DS mode). Only DSi enhanced/only and 3DS games are region locked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night