DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jamesbox, Sep 29, 2015.

1. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    clearly you didn't see i was being sarcastic, if you go to their website they clearly state that they emulate a gateway. in case you missed the link http://eng.supercard.sc/
    there is no pretending game for example:
    "you (costumers) all know we are selling just a cheaper clone we didn't do anything. just pick their stuck and labeling as ours. But we will pretend that you don't know this and always tell you we did 100% of the card"

there is no shame.. dstwo clearly says they are using gateway stuff,
    the feeling is sadness.. because they couldn't break the 3ds security and managed to make a real card... they had to build something to still sell something...

2. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    [​IMG]

you mean this xD.

3. spadesmagnes

spadesmagnes Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    well, if it has some kind of downgrading property that I can use with a New3DS or it just works with one, I might get one

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    i remember looking at the specs of all apple products and thinking the same thing.....turns out there is this thing known as brand .....loy...al....ty, which basically means people will pay 5 times over the odds for hardware based on a name attached to it :tpi:

Last edited by gamesquest1, Sep 29, 2015
    McHaggis likes this.
  5. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Ireland
    So supercard were behind the gateway all along?

following their trend of making a product, the market losing interest, and then making a new card (iPlayer --> DSTWO)

Last edited by Nollog, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Ericzander

Ericzander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pip Contributor
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Does anybody know if Gateway has kept up with the bricking code? I'm trying to gauge how safe this product will be. Though I would likely end up testing it on a spare 3DS.

And for the record, I do know that the card does actually exist and will be released in October. The producers of the card have already contacted me about it and I'm in the process of trying to learn all that I can about it.

kiwiis likes this.
  7. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    Interesting. Some people seem to be saying that it's a Sky3DS clone in addition to GW. Is that the case or is it just GW? And have they fixed the issues with battery drain in sleep that its predecessor had? That's what I'd be asking them.

8. Ericzander

Ericzander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pip Contributor
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Dunno yet. I'll be trying to find out because there's a lot of questions out there. Though I expect I'll have to find some of the answers out myself during the actual testing of the product. All I know for certain right now is that it actually exists. I don't even know the price. I'm also interested in whether or not playing DS games on it will require reinstalling the exploit (which seems likely) or if we need Cubic Ninja/OoT in order to downgrade MSET to get it to work on a n3DS. The most important thing in my opinion is whether or not it's at risk of activating Gateway's pissy brick code.

9. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    So... the only people that will be able to make use of all the features of sc-ds2+ are those that don't need it?!

I think the best that can come from this is reduced prices on remaining stock of sc-ds2's.

Ammako likes this.
  10. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    under the powerful hardware section, it says "Now it's time to go beyond 3DS! It can support 3DS new version through upgradable firwmare system in the future." It is a little ambiguous but hopefully supports latest fws

11. TheZoroark007

TheZoroark007 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 2, 2014
    Germany
    If it supports a New 3DS Firmware 10.1, I will buy this !

12. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    They might have better customer support than gateway too. Will they also copy gateways trademark of "soon"
    And as always enjoy.

13. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    I remember they advertised that would work on 9.4 and lower. I'm so frickin' hyped holy sheet!!!!!!

14. koim

koim GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2015
    France
    isn't it like the third time it's supposed to be released Soon™ ?
    too many undefined points, we know pretty much nothing about it atm :/

15. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    I can't help but smell shit to be honest.

Last edited by MrJason005, Sep 29, 2015
    MasterLel likes this.
  16. julian20

julian20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Germany
    I think there will be a switch on the card, which will switch between a ds card flashcard and an emulated gateway card(wich will need original gateway software).

Lets see

17. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    If it's $70 or lower, I'm sold.

18. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    too late to join the 3ds flashcard arena:lol:

19. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    Gateway barely managed to fit their huge ass processor on that tiny red card, albeit it with heating problems. I doubt it's going to be a 2 in 1 cart, most likely they will have rewritten the entire TWL library to get NDS games to show up on the home menu, which would be insanely cool.

20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i wonder if it will work up to 10.1 fw lets wait and see.