DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jamesbox, Sep 29, 2015.

1. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    again, what is rxtools? do I have to buy a stupid, shitty game to run some sploit to get it to run like cubic ninja for over 9000 USD on ebay?

2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    rxTools is a CFW just like GW but without the need of a DRM (red card) inserted in to work. You dont have to buy a single thing to install it, you have all the data available here on gbatemp.

impulseADH, minexew and Margen67 like this.
  3. Wekker

Wekker GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    That price tag of 1 billion is little too much for me.

Tomato Hentai and Flame like this.
  4. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

GBAtemp Patron
    Maximilious is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    inb4 this thread extends past 100 pages of hype and we are well into 2016 with no release (again)

5. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    I am still skeptical of the new DSTWO. Smells like vapour tech to me. Or if hardware actually ever comes out, it will be like the dodgy, knock-off R4i-this_and_that cards. The artwork is very pretty on the website, but if this product is REALLY coming out in a few days, why not post pictures of the ACTUAL DEVICE?

The site also does not show any screenshots of the working cart. Hmmm, and no mention of emunand with the GW plugin.....

I was skeptical of CFW, too. rxTools is a work in progress, but it works very well for me. I have only tested booting GW emunand w/o gateway cart feature. I started using rxtools because it is more convenient than Gateway. (But I am not selling my Gateway quite yet....) I also installed NTR-CFW save plugin to able to EASILY back up my Animal Crossing save game to/from emunand and the cart.

There is not much documenting how to use rxtools and the others. But what do you want for free? There is no incentive to write a nice manual. Nevertheless, people are doing it! Read the forums and ask questions without browbeating people and you will probably find out how to get CFW to do what you need.

Last edited by romanaOne, Sep 29, 2015
    Margen67 likes this.
  6. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    Well Max is listing it at L 98. ( I know it's the wrong symbol..) but this price may be a hold place price Supercards official site does have this displayed. So I have to believe it is in the works and less of a concept. They've been on the money for me over the years. but they list no price on the official site.

EDIT Pics of the board CPU 396 Mhz and 32 Mb Ram too. on sc site.

Last edited by syfyTy, Sep 29, 2015
  7. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Looks intersting!

Does anyone is aware of firmware limitations, or if will it bypass the new checks?

Last edited by gkoelho, Sep 29, 2015
  8. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    If you at all followed the scene you'd know O3DS had spider hax for ages, and there's a new round of browserhax out there. Couple that with themehax and you've got autobooting CFW without any entry point cost.
    The major solutions for CFW as well as FBI have Ninjhax2-compatible launchers (all the new stuff is based on Ninjhax2), so you should very well be able to run everything you need to set up something without spending anything.

9. Ericzander

Ericzander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pip Contributor
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    I'm super dooper excited for this. I'm going to make a review of it as soon as possible. I'm just so interested in how it'll work.

tony_2018 likes this.
  10. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    It looks like it's emulating a Gateway, Sky3DS AND the original DSTWO.

So you can do region-free stuff using 9.2 and prior exploits, but also Sky3DS-like cartridge emulation on any firmware. Plus of course, original DS games.

Looks sweet, I'm just scared how broke I'm going to be after ordering one.

Last edited by drfsupercenter, Sep 29, 2015
  11. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    Might pick this up, once more info and some reviews are out.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  12. hellionz

hellionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 24, 2007
    ...and nobody has think about if supercard Team has find a new vulnerability for use it on any console?

....just speculate

greetings!!!

13. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    Smells like some bullsheet. I'll believe it when I see it. this hype went on a few months ago and still to this day no DStwoPLUS... supercard team already pulled their dstwos from re-sellers shelves months ago only to put the same "DS" NOT "3ds" flashcart back on the shelves.

we will see.........

DSTwoplus production "take 2"

now just wait for the firmware it supports.

"hey it supports"... "no I heard it supports"
    3ds system only to 4.5
    3ds systems 4.5-9.0
    3ds systems from 4.5-10.x

again we'll see. I won't believe until I see an actual cart unboxed. and To be honest who would buy it. after DStwo's went back in stock I'm sure those that wanted one got one to run gba/snes. and already have a method to play .3ds...

so what else is left.....

14. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    yeah, i wonder why every phone company doesn't show a true picture of their product instead of the digitally created one... specially when they want to show product parts like the camera lenses or how does the screen looks teared appart...

also, every food company use an unrealistic picture to show their food...

15. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Doesn't really change my point.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No. Because it clearly says on their page that they're emulating Gateway.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  16. hellionz

Feb 24, 2007
    i readed the info included on website...and im agreed with you ...only another clone so...nothing to aport...its a shame.

Greetings

Margen67 likes this.
  17. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    a shame?
    because they stole other peoples stuff and didn't provided any credit, right?

18. hellionz

Feb 24, 2007
    yes :( ....i had some hope on SC team....and its the same shit

greetings

Margen67 likes this.
  19. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    You're paying for the convenience. Some people would rather pay ~$100 for a card that does it all then spend the time to set it up separately.

Tomato Hentai and ldeveraux like this.
  20. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    Food and phone companies inspire slightly more trust. Only slightly more, since with the former it is a billing shell game and with the latter,well, eat your artificial sweetener-, trans fat- and maltodextrin- laced trash at your own risk.

Flashcarts are inherently dodgy. And there have been false rumors about a new DSTWO for the 3DS in the past....

migles likes this.