Not open for further replies.

weijen123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can you explain what's wrong with using the already linked to compatibility list?
because I scare the game have "junk sound" and compatibility list didn't wrote that (like the K1GBA did,it said megaman battle network 6 is working perfectly, but ITS NOT!)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, had some time with the DSTwo earlier.

MegaMan Battle Network 6 (Falzar), the first fight inside the robot dog thingamajigger? No noise after the battles (and yes I waited until jacking out and getting back to the main map with Lan).

I really don't feel like starting new games on the others to check (as I don't have saves on the DSTwo).

weijen123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
*sigh* You're very pushy and rude. Give me a minute and I'll try it on my DSTWO...

Played through the first fight on my 2427 - Megaman Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar (U).gba rom. Fought through the first battle with the dog. Works and sounds fine.
thanks! I guess I better get myself a DSTWO, and plan to sell my K1

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure if/when you get the DSTWO you use the previous version of NDSGBA with the gamecompat.txt file or whatever it is, not the current one. Current version has lower compatibility apparently, never used it, no intentions of upgrading now that I have my Android phone, but it may or may not trigger the sound issues you were experiencing on your K1.

I'd still see about getting your K1 replaced under warranty (if they have one) since someone else posted in the thread about it working fine for them. If nothing else, your screen shouldn't look like that anyway.

weijen123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Make sure if/when you get the DSTWO you use the previous version of NDSGBA with the gamecompat.txt file or whatever it is, not the current one. Current version has lower compatibility apparently, never used it, no intentions of upgrading now that I have my Android phone, but it may or may not trigger the sound issues you were experiencing on your K1.

I'd still see about getting your K1 replaced under warranty (if they have one) since someone else posted in the thread about it working fine for them. If nothing else, your screen shouldn't look like that anyway.
Does DStwo have any slowdown on megaman? I hope not. With K1, I feel frustrated when using mega buster the buster sounds weird, plus, I tried that with other flash card i own (NEO Flash), still the same, but overall K1 don't have any slowdown, just the sound problem

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This whole mess is the very reason that, slowly, I'm trying to move away from all emulation as much as possible (except "official" emulation like virtual console titles on Wii and 3DS). I got tired of imperfect compatibility.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This whole mess is the very reason that, slowly, I'm trying to move away from all emulation as much as possible (except "official" emulation like virtual console titles on Wii and 3DS). I got tired of imperfect compatibility.
This is mainly an issue with portable emulation. Some specific effects/functions are way more costly than others, and while desktops and laptops can handle the increased demands fine, handhelds tend to buckle.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
*sigh* You're very pushy and rude. Give me a minute and I'll try it on my DSTWO...

Played through the first fight on my 2427 - Megaman Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar (U).gba rom. Fought through the first battle with the dog. Works and sounds fine.
thanks! I guess I better get myself a DSTWO, and plan to sell my K1
If you want to buy a DSTwo just for the mega man games, then you may as well buy the original cartridges, because DStwo's GBA emulation is far from perfect. I haven't tried any mega man games, but most likely you will need to enable frameskip for good sound emulation, which means mega man will not run smooth.

Reactions: 1 person

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OP, if you still have your K1, would you mind testing a game and telling the performance results (Golden Sun should be fine)? I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has mentioned this idea (been bothered by it since post #6...thus why I posted a little after that)...but maybe your microSD is just shit ._. ....I don't think I have seen any indication that you have actually tried a different microSD, different class, w/e...I'm somewhat just going to assume you don't have retail copies of both the (E) and (U) versions.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OP, if you still have your K1, would you mind testing a game and telling the performance results (Golden Sun should be fine)? I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has mentioned this idea (been bothered by it since post #6...thus why I posted a little after that)...but maybe your microSD is just shit ._. ....I don't think I have seen any indication that you have actually tried a different microSD, different class, w/e...I'm somewhat just going to assume you don't have retail copies of both the (E) and (U) versions.
I don't think the microSD affects the game performance. ROMs are most likely loaded into the "RAM expansion".

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is mainly an issue with portable emulation. Some specific effects/functions are way more costly than others, and while desktops and laptops can handle the increased demands fine, handhelds tend to buckle.
True, but even when emulating SNES and even NES on my soft-modded Wii or laptop, there are slowdowns if more than a certain number of elements appear on the screen. And even so, I'd like to keep my portable games on a portable screen, cuz I think they look grotesque when blown up on a computer screen. You know what I mean? On my phone, it strikes a balance because it's bigger (4+ inch screen), but not too big, and has super AMOLED, which makes the colors look more beautiful than the original hardware could ever muster. But either way, I'd rather have perfectly true performance over a pretty screen any day, so I'm gonna grab a GBA SP or Micro when I get a chance. :-)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
True, but even when emulating SNES and even NES on my soft-modded Wii or laptop, there are slowdowns if more than a certain number of elements appear on the screen.
That's because this is how the SNES actually worked. Emulators that emulate properly will emulate the correct clock speed and limitations of the hardware.

Play the same games on an actual SNES and you'll see they slow down in the same places.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's because this is how the SNES actually worked. Emulators that emulate properly will emulate the correct clock speed and limitations of the hardware.

Play the same games on an actual SNES and you'll see they slow down in the same places.
Huh... I don't remember this on my actual NES or SNES... but then again, I was 8 last time I had them. :P Anyway, thanks for the heads-up

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u mean K1? i tried (U) and (E) with megaman BTN 3,4,6, still get some weird sound when shooting buster, and when monster defeated
My friend, I had got your email. Can you send me the download link for the game you get? Just send me the link via email. I will test this game by myself and check if there are any strong sound there. Besides this game, can you find this weired sound in other games? Finally, can you download this game from other site and try it again?

Anyway, we will try our best to solve your problem.

Thanks.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait...you mean to tell me, that the OP tested a game various times...was completely unsatisfied...goes straight to GBATemp to complain and ask for judgement on whether he should ditch it or not...and never once thought to talk to the team, despite them obviously showing effort for their product ._. ....I just don't know what to think anymore.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc