DSTwo On 3DS XL Not Working

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Adam Reese, Jan 20, 2013.

Jan 20, 2013

DSTwo On 3DS XL Not Working by Adam Reese at 2:08 AM (1,325 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Adam Reese
    OP

Newcomer Adam Reese Newbie

United States
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I decided to sell my 3DS today to get an XL, because I had updated the 3DS past the update point of the DSTwo, and it's also my birthday in a few days so I wanted to treat myself by getting it.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to make it show up on the XL as something I can start up. I've added the _dstwo folder, the firmware, and even a DS game ROM to the micro SD, but nothing seems to work.

Do I need to buy a new DSTwo? That will be a last resort, because it's expensive and I'm broke now.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Update to the latest kernel on an older system

4. Adam Reese
    OP

United States
    I just got the XL today, and I tried doing that on a DS Lite when it wouldn't work on my 3DS, and that didn't work.

I'm also not sure if it's a contact problem, because Kid Icarus works on my XL. If it's a problem with the DSTwo cart, I'll see what I can do.

5. jmstrat

Newcomer jmstrat Member

United States
    Try to see if you can get an exchange, unfortunately that's one of my gripes with flashcarts, they aren't really top quality products regarding how much you paid for them. If only we can get homebrew on the 3DS already, ALL of our emulation problems will be remedied. I can't wait too see how amazing, emulators running of the 3d's processor will turn out to be. Sorry I digressed but please update us OP.

6. Adam Reese
    OP

United States
    Unfortunately, the site I bought it from (RealHotStuff) only offers a 90 day return warranty on their products, and I had gotten the DSTwo in August of 2011.

My brother is lending me his DS Lite, so I'll see if there's anything I can do with it. If not, I'll simply have to replace the flash cart, as annoying and expensive as it is to do so.

7. Adam Reese
    OP

United States
    I put the DSTwo in my brother's DS Lite, and it won't show up at all.

If it's doing this, I'm guessing I might have to order a replacement DSTwo.

Oh well. I'll let everyone know if it works after the replacement.

8. Adam Reese
    OP

United States
    It works now with a replaced flash card.

9. smoke14me61

Newcomer smoke14me61 Advanced Member

United States

I had the same problem with a brand new card that I ordered from nds-card.com. No matter what I did and I tried everything the 3DS XL would not recognized the card. The service from nds-card.com was very good and they offered to replace the card but it was going to cost me $52 to send it back so I ordered one from Real Hot Stuff and the card works fine. No problems and I have had it for a couple weeks now. I want to support the site so hopefully there will be more ways to do that because even though nds-card was very helpful and was going to replace the card I could have bought almost 3 cards from RHS after it was all said and done. So I just kept the old card and I will probly disect it and see what I can do with it.

10. Adam Reese
    OP

United States
    I had bought my card on Friday from RHS, it shipped later that day, and I got it today (Monday).

I will only buy mod chips/flash cards from them.

11. Adam Reese
    OP

United States
    I think I figured out what was wrong with my previous card.

The mini SD didn't push-click when I inserted it, only when I wanted to get it back out..

So, there's probably your answer. If you can't do it, either, you should probably think about getting a new one.