DSTWO not saving/finding .sav files

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by BORTZ, Feb 6, 2012.

Feb 6, 2012
  1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I am having problems with the DSTWO. Its a GBAtemp edition with the latest Firmware and a 4GB card.

I was playing Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 with a patch and everything was fine. I saved and shut the power off for the night. In the morning i grabbed my DS and booted up DQMJ2.

Heres the problem: It only gave me the option the start a new game. I popped out the card and took a look with my computer. The DQMJ2 .sav was still there, but the .sav extension was in all caps like this ".SAV". I tried to rewrite it was ".sav" but after booting my DS again, it gave me the same "new game option". Looking again, the file was again .SAV. So i tried a new game. The new game went until i could save and then the DS told me that the save file could not be accessed.

So i removed the .sav file all together and tried to get the game to save. Nothing. Im really confused.

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    That's weird, have you tried using a clean rom?

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    yea i was just about to suggest clean rom also

and teh CAPS doesnt matter but DStwo default is SAV not sav

(you own a DSTwo so always try to use clean roms)

4. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    No, i think if you use a clean rom, the game only gives you 4 of the 5 people you need to talk to in the beginning of the game. Its the games AP. Then again, can the DSTWO override the DQMJ2's AP?

EDIT: ninja'd. Ill try a clean Rom next. ITs just so weird cause i had like 10 hours in.

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    It should, try it out.

6. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    Thanks to all the AntiPiracy going on over the internet, its gonna be fun to find a clean rom.
    Oh well. If worse come to worst, I will buy a physical copy. I actually want to, i just dont have the money at the moment.

EDIT: Ok a clean version works. good. Now im hoping i dont run into problems with the button doors and stuff later.