1. ParadoxDelta

OP ParadoxDelta Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hey there! I hope this is the right section for my question: I have bought a New 3ds XL , and the Dstwo runs perfectly with its current firmware (updated in november 2014); now the console needs to update to the latest firmware in order to browse the e-shop and play online (with Monster Hunter 4, for example) so I wanted to ask, does anyone know if Dstwo can run with the latest New 3ds XL firmware? Of course, I will play online with original 3ds games,not with the Dstwo, I'm just asking if it will still run Ds, gba gbc etc. roms even with the latest firmware. Thanks in advance!

2. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    affirmative

3. ParadoxDelta

OP ParadoxDelta Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks a lot, I'll update it immediately :D

4. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

China
    @ParadoxDelta nintendo stopped blocking DS cards at 7.x firmware, so you can update what you want from now on (unless a thread appears with a warning)
    but if stopped caring, i don't believe they will care about it on the future
    what i mean is, you dont have to bother anymore about updating or not the 3ds.. dstwo or other cards that worked on past firmware will work on newer..

5. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

United States
    Unless you have an R4 card. I had one that stopped working around 9.0 I think and had to buy a new one to be compatible. I'm thinking that's the R4 teams tactic however and not Nintendo's with your post. I didn't know they stopped blocking around v7. Glad I got a DSTwo last week!!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compatibility, firmware, latest