Hacking Dstwo compatibility with latest New 3ds XL firmware

ParadoxDelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey there! I hope this is the right section for my question: I have bought a New 3ds XL , and the Dstwo runs perfectly with its current firmware (updated in november 2014); now the console needs to update to the latest firmware in order to browse the e-shop and play online (with Monster Hunter 4, for example) so I wanted to ask, does anyone know if Dstwo can run with the latest New 3ds XL firmware? Of course, I will play online with original 3ds games,not with the Dstwo, I'm just asking if it will still run Ds, gba gbc etc. roms even with the latest firmware. Thanks in advance!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@ParadoxDelta nintendo stopped blocking DS cards at 7.x firmware, so you can update what you want from now on (unless a thread appears with a warning)
but if stopped caring, i don't believe they will care about it on the future
what i mean is, you dont have to bother anymore about updating or not the 3ds.. dstwo or other cards that worked on past firmware will work on newer..

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ParadoxDelta nintendo stopped blocking DS cards at 7.x firmware, so you can update what you want from now on (unless a thread appears with a warning)
but if stopped caring, i don't believe they will care about it on the future
what i mean is, you dont have to bother anymore about updating or not the 3ds.. dstwo or other cards that worked on past firmware will work on newer..

Unless you have an R4 card. I had one that stopped working around 9.0 I think and had to buy a new one to be compatible. I'm thinking that's the R4 teams tactic however and not Nintendo's with your post. I didn't know they stopped blocking around v7. Glad I got a DSTwo last week!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-