Dstti freeze loading need help

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Highseraphime, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009
  1. Highseraphime
    OP

Newcomer Highseraphime Member

United States
    recently my dstti began to freeze when i chose to load a rom, i have no idea what to do or whats wrong, can anyone give me a hand? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Read the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum, particularly the section under "Q: My DSTT used to work, but doesn't work any more. What do I do?" Follow the directions carefully, and pay especially close attention to the last step which tells you how to avoid corrupting your microSD card.

-Bri

3. Highseraphime
    OP

United States
    i have been there and followed the steps, i get a message from the dsttflash fixer (cant recall exact name), that says a number and under that ,device not supported, i dont know how to tell the sd is corrupted or not and i have already re-formated it a couple times.

for the record i have formated it to fat32 but it is slooooooooooooooooooooow. any ways around this or do i need a new sd card?

4. Bri

United States
    How large is your microSD card? If you formatted it using Windows (and not the Panasonic formatter) then you didn't follow the directions. Windows cannot format a microSD card according to the SD spec, which will slow down your card and can also cause corruption. The Panasonic formatter doesn't give you the option of whether or not to format with FAT32 (it will choose the correct format for your microSD card) and will format your microSD card according to the SD spec.

-Bri

5. Highseraphime
    OP

United States
    i used the formater you suggested and now its freezing again...

so i changed it back, and threw your recommended ttmenu in with it and it works fine as far as i can tell, some games load slow but as long as it works, meh [​IMG] ??? not sure if theres anything else to do

6. k3vin369

Newcomer k3vin369 Advanced Member

Canada
    Search around the DSTT area for YSMenu+Moonshell2 on DSTT. It's to replace the default menu on the DSTT. By doing this, it won't freeze and it will be really fast.

7. Highseraphime
    OP

United States
    Great I'll look into it, thx to the great and powerful -Bri for helping me with my problem

8. Bri

United States
    Using the Panasonic formatter will speed up loading and also won't corrupt your card like the Windows formatter will. I highly recommend you use that instead of the Windows formatter. I guarantee the Panasonic formatter is not what was making it crash. The crashing may be caused by your running fake-killer code on a fake DSTT. If it continues, follow the directions in the FAQ concerning the use of DsttFlashWriter to fix it.

Updating "infolib.dat" will also speed up loading. See the FAQ.

In short, FOLLOW THE FAQ PRECISELY.

-Bri

9. Highseraphime
    OP

United States
    well considering it still froze up after having it formated by the panasonic program and having the anti-fake killer on it at that time , im content to leave it in a working condition and sacrifice a few seconds of my life, i bought this so i could use cheats and not have to switch cards all the time as long as its working, ill bother to try again when i get a new sd card since i was gonna upsize from 2 to 4gb at some point anyway

P.S. no longer a newbie HELLZ YAH

10. rwspark

Newcomer rwspark Member

United States
    It took me a few attempts to get everything working well on my card as well.